Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-22-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Anyone seen James Woods online or live?

I bet that JamesWoods is not the same as James Woods. I've played against both accounts. One has an IQ of 180 and the other has a VP$IP of 180.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
About this year's WSOP Main Event, I'd like to know how far he got and any interesting anecdotes about how he played or what he did away from the table.

[/ QUOTE ]
IIRC he busted out after about 8 hours on day 1C. No interesting anecdotes, he was just a generally low-key friendly guy willing to sign autographs for a few of the players at the table. He said that he had played in several of the events and that he hadn't gotten any results yet. He played extremely tightly and his stack noticeably dwindled due to the blinds and antes. Then on his bustout hand I believe he raised UTG, led out with moderate bets on a low rag flop and turn against the UTG+1 caller (young Swede), and quickly pushed for about the size of the pot on the river J. I think it was for 2/3 of UTG+1's chips. UTG+1 thought for 15 seconds before calling. Woods had 55, Swede had QQ. Woods smirked/grimaced, picked up his iPod, said good luck to everyone and waved to a smattering of applause as he made the 20-minute trek to the exit.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone seen or played with James Woods live or online?

[/ QUOTE ]

James Woods was here in Vegas during the WSOP and a Golden Nugget event. He played a lot of satellites at the WSOP. David Sklansky and Mason were talking to him at the RIO in the satellite area on the day that I won a second Chance tourney. I walked over to tell Mason of my good fortune and Sklansky introduced me to Mr. Woods. He shook my hand and was very nice to me. He seems to love the game of poker and doesn't seem to put on any airs becuase of his movie superstar status. I had met him once before at the Nugget when I was there with Greg Raymer. He was pleasant on both occaisions so I think he is the real deal. Just a nice guy that happens to be a great actor and movie star.

Vince
Old 11-22-2005, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm suprised at the two posts describing his playing style. In all his interviews he says he is one of the tightest players there is online. But these two posters seem to say otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I say called off 500 dollars, I dont neccersarily mean he played everyhand. I dont remember all the details but from what I remember, the hands he was in, he wasn't taking the lead. I remember being surprised on how quick he went through the 500 without ever showing down a hand, meaning he was calling a lot and never turning over a winner.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:19 PM

He was quite the deal maker at the WSOP.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:54 PM

I've seen him at Commerce a few times. Low key, good natured.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet that JamesWoods is not the same as James Woods. I've played against both accounts. One has an IQ of 180 and the other has a VP$IP of 180.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take that bet.

He is involved in promoting HollywoodPoker to a great extent, both in online pr stuff and did so live in the conference hall of the Rio the first few days of the WSOP main event.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:28 AM

How much :-)

Please reread my post carefully before accepting. As I am stating that there are two separate accounts, and one is the real James Woods, and the other is an account without the space in the name that is probably there just to pick up chicks (although I have seen the no-space account actually play some solid poker at times as well)
Old 11-23-2005, 01:55 AM

The real James Woods would have a star by his name wouldn't he?
Old 11-23-2005, 02:03 AM

James Woods rates to be the kind of player who knows the odds.