Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 09:55 AM

Default Can I muck it anywhere?

6 handed.

I have AdQs on button. UTG raises, folded to co who calls, I 3 bet, TAG SB caps it, we all call.

no read on UTG, co is fishy.

Flop is Qh 8h 4c
SB checks, utg checks, co checks, i bet, sb raises, utg folds, co folds, I call intending to call down.

blake
Old 11-16-2005, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Can I muck it anywhere?

I don't think so.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:57 AM

SB could be capping with TT, JJ, KQs, and maybe even 99, and he is protecting his hand on the flop. No way you can fold.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:09 AM

I don't think a TAG would cap 99 and KQs oop (and TT is iffy).

I also think if he had a made hand he would have bet out instead of going for the check-raise there. Who checkraises the flop in a multi-way pot after capping pf?

I would definitely three-bet the flop here.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think a TAG would cap 99 and KQs oop (and TT is iffy).

I also think if he had a made hand he would have bet out instead of going for the check-raise there. Who checkraises the flop in a multi-way pot after capping pf?

[/ QUOTE ]

He might not cap 99, KQs, or TT, but some opponents do, therefore you have to allow the possibility. Also, while leading may seem right, I think some people also go for the check raise with these hands.

I also wouldnīt be suprised if he had AK. He doesnīt want to bet into the field, but when he sees he has a bet from the button, it is his perfect opportunity to check raise, hoping that the button bet with a worse hand. If anyone else would have bet, his plan might have been to call.

I donīt like 3-betting, because it puts you in a tough spot if he continues his agression. Iīd rather let him bluff, or think he is value betting with worse hands.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What does 3-betting accomplish? We aren't ahead often enough to put extra bets in. IMO, it's either call and fold the turn UI, or get to the showdown as cheaply as possible.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:31 AM

I see no other option but to call down.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He might not cap 99, KQs, or TT, but some opponents do, therefore you have to allow the possibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I disagree here. Some folks do anything ridiculous, it doesn't mean you have to allow for it. If his read on the player is correct (TAG) I think that helps you narrow the hand range.

[ QUOTE ]
I also wouldnīt be suprised if he had AK. He doesnīt want to bet into the field, but when he sees he has a bet from the button, it is his perfect opportunity to check raise, hoping that the button bet with a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly the hand I would put him on (or AQ or JJ).

[ QUOTE ]
I donīt like 3-betting, because it puts you in a tough spot if he continues his agression. Iīd rather let him bluff, or think he is value betting with worse hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like 3-betting here because I could very well have the best hand, I have position, and for an extra small bet I get a better idea of what sb is holding. If he caps the flop then I'll fold the turn UI.

Calling down here feels weak. *shrug*
Old 11-16-2005, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I like 3-betting here because I could very well have the best hand, I have position, and for an extra small bet I get a better idea of what sb is holding. If he caps the flop then I'll fold the turn UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is awful. If he has a hand we are beating, such as JJ or AK (you said these were pretty likely), we should allow him to bluff.

If your plan to 3-bet and fold the turn UI if he caps seems really bad, considering he sometimes has AQ, and you are giving up half of a pretty good pot.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I also wouldnīt be suprised if he had AK. He doesnīt want to bet into the field, but when he sees he has a bet from the button, it is his perfect opportunity to check raise, hoping that the button bet with a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly the hand I would put him on (or AQ or JJ).

[/ QUOTE ]
Considering the action, you should really put him on all hands that fit his range. Only putting him on hands that justify your decision to 3-bet isn't good for your game.

We're behind too often here to just keep pumping.