Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 06:16 AM

Default Re: Forgive me for asking, but...

1) raise and call. Qx is 3 times more common than 9x. folding is v bad
2) I call down. Turn raises can be pushy but on a scary board with just a top pair I'd like to get the showdown on my terms.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im a bit surprised you play at 15/30 and never have lost more then 200BB. A 200BB dowswing happens many times each year if u play fixed holdem

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, i'm not sure what this means, but this is my first, and I play a lot.

lf
Old 11-14-2005, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hand 1 raise

hand 2 raise/fold to re-raise

[/ QUOTE ]

lines that involve folding top pair for the same price as seeing showdown are bad.

[/ QUOTE ]thats just something ppl say but it makes zero sense. sry.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:37 AM

3bet call a cap in hand one.

i would never do anything but call in hand 2. get him to bluff the river too.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:23 AM

1) Call
2) Call turn and river, bet river if checked to
Old 11-14-2005, 08:25 AM

I dont think i have ever had a 200 bb downswing at a one live 15-30 game knock on wood! I think my biggest was $4700 maybe? Online the swings are bigger, i have had bigger downswings online but i play 4 games usually.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:32 PM

You are playing live?

I was talking about multitabling online where u play about 10 times as many hands/hour as live. (I play 400hands/hour)

If I hit a 200BB downswing online in fixed limit holdem and my wife asks me how Im doing I tell her: "Well I have been a bit unlucky lately, but it will change." Its not a big deal.

Not untill you hit +300BB you start to think about what is happening.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:51 PM

Online 15/30. Sorry the converter wouldn't work.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:00 PM

"I'm in the middle of a huge (200 BB) downswing"

Every time I read something like that, I wonder what kind of swings I've been through, and really, I have no idea, because I always get bogged down on time units, which happens eventually anytime score-keeping comes up.

What does "downswing" mean? Does it mean we win no pots at all? Or one pot per hour? Or per 100? Or is "downswing" a word that everyone has agreed to calculated by the session? So a 200BB downswing would mean no winning sessions during some period that is defined by there being no winning sessions in it. Okay, I think I see it now. And it looks like self-torture to me. But let's say we say that "downswing" is a by-the-sessions thing, well, in that case, how long a break between playing determinines the end of one session and the start of another? An hour? Two? 24?

If there is some specific need to compare something to something, then looking back at records can be a good play. Otherwise, I think it is a waste of physical and emotional energy and therefore -EV.

Tommy
Old 11-14-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I'm in the middle of a huge (200 BB) downswing"

Every time I read something like that, I wonder what kind of swings I've been through, and really, I have no idea, because I always get bogged down on time units, which happens eventually anytime score-keeping comes up.

What does "downswing" mean? Does it mean we win no pots at all? Or one pot per hour? Or per 100? Or is "downswing" a word that everyone has agreed to calculated by the session? So a 200BB downswing would mean no winning sessions during some period that is defined by there being no winning sessions in it. Okay, I think I see it now. And it looks like self-torture to me. But let's say we say that "downswing" is a by-the-sessions thing, well, in that case, how long a break between playing determinines the end of one session and the start of another? An hour? Two? 24?

If there is some specific need to compare something to something, then looking back at records can be a good play. Otherwise, I think it is a waste of physical and emotional energy and therefore -EV.

Tommy

[/ QUOTE ]

Tommy, a downswing in our terms is the # of big bets down from a peak. For example, if someone is up 30k this month at 30-60, but ends the month up only 15k, they had a 250 BB downswing.