Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 11:59 PM

Default Forgive me for asking, but...

I'm in the middle of a huge (200 BB) downswing, the biggest of my life, and i'm re-evaluating some of my basic decisions. Here's a couple of hands that i'm wondering about.

Hand 1:

Online 15/30. Sorry the converter wouldn't work. BB is a lag (37/14/2.2), others are irrelevant.

I'm the SB w/ AA. Two PF callers, I raise, BB calls as do the limpers. Flop is Q99. I bet, BB calls, utg limper (L/P) calls. Turn's a 5. I bet and they both call. River is a 9. I bet, SB raises. UTG limper folds, hero?

Hand 2:
I'm in the c/o w/ KJs. UTG+1 limps (38/8/2.2). Folded to me and I raise. Blinds fold, heads up. Flop is J99 and goes check/call. Turn is a 4. Checked to me, I bet, he raises. I ?

I know these probably seem insanely simple, but this downswing has me questioning every decision I make. If you think this thread is stupid or a waste of your time please ignore it, but if you feel like contributing, please do so.

Thanks,

lf
Old 11-14-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Re: Forgive me for asking, but...

Hand 1: I've seen people pull this kind of play with Qx (because their kicker no longer matters) and I've seen people slowplay trips until the river. I think any option besides folding is good. If I'm feeling laggy, I'd raise.

Hand 2: Ugh, my standard is to call down in these type of situations, but a turn checkraise from a 38/8/2.2 screams of a 9. He'd have bet/3-bet the flop with a J.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 1: You are probably winning here, but I only call because you will get 4-bet every time your opponent has a 9. And I don't like 3-betting and folding on the river. My opponent might cap it with KQ figuring he is splitting with AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2: Call down against most oponents. This player seems too aggressive to fold against.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-14-2005, 12:43 AM

hand 1, easy raise.

hand 2, call and consider raising the river.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:15 AM

hand 1 raise

hand 2 raise/fold to re-raise
Old 11-14-2005, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1, easy raise.

hand 2, call and consider raising the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hand 1 you do mean easy 3 bet, right? Do you call if capped?

Hand 2 a river raises is something I wouldnt have thought about, i'm assuming you fold to a 3 bet...

lf
Old 11-14-2005, 01:17 AM

First hand looks like a raise to me and call if capped.

Second hand I would call down here, no point jamming this turn and putting in lots of bets against someone that's loose and could very well possibly have a 9.

and 200 BB isn't too bad, just ride through it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 01:21 AM

i want to elaborate what i said...

hand 1 easy three bet, call the cap

hand 2 raise, fold to a cap, and check behind river UI
Old 11-14-2005, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 2 raise, fold to a cap, and check behind river UI

[/ QUOTE ]

And what does this accomplish? He will fold all worse hands and cap all hands that beat you. Calling gets you more value from a weaker J or a low pocket, while it saves you money when you're up against a 9.

Does anyone agree with my original thinking? 2.2 is a really high AF for someone with 38 VPIP. In my experience, these players will always go to war on the flop with any two pair (any J or pocket pair) and will use the CC/CR line with a 9.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:14 AM

Is this for real? Just kidding i will give your thread more respect than you gave mine. I would call in first situation since you are getting raised by yourself since the sb raised and you are the sb. So it has to be a tie. Just kidding again. I would reraise if it was the loose aggressive if he raises again then i have to worry about QQ ot a 9 and just call.

@nd one with kj call the turn raise and call river. People make bluff raises and semi bluff riases too often to fold here.