Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 01:35 AM

Default WSOPC satelitte Final Table hand, some help?

Final table, 121 players, 1st and 2nd place win seat to any wsopc 10,000 event they choose, plus 2,000, 3rd place got 200$ I was shortstacked with 27 players left, but really opened up and made it to the final table with a stack of 24,000 and was rolling over, what I felt was, a relativly weak final table for this tourney (except Brett_ho, who was the shortstack)
Blinds 600-1200 200 ante
First two players fold, and I open for 3600 with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Folds to player on the small blind with 32,000, who calls, BB folds.
Flop: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]k [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks
Whats your bet size? Is there anyone who would argue to check behind?
My only read was when we were 5 handed he made a call from the SB and check folded to my bet. But this was my only real run in with himprevious to the final table
????
-LL
Old 11-09-2005, 02:39 AM

Default Re: WSOPC satelitte Final Table hand, some help?

How many players are left?
Old 11-09-2005, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How many players are left?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I was shortstacked with 27 players left

[/ QUOTE ]

My wild guess is 27 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

OT: I would make a CB of about half the pot to make it look like a standard CB because he indicated weakness with his check. Maybe he has Kx, or some weird holding like OESD, a set or 2 pair, and RR/pushes, but then you can comfortably call with enough outs to beat most of his holdings.

If he folds to your CB then you probably couldn't make more money out of it anyway, tough luck and move on to the next hand.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
final table

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...
Old 11-09-2005, 09:02 AM

I do one of two things here.

1) make a huge overbet push. true, it looks like spades, but it also looks like an AK that doesnt want to get sucked out on.

2) I bet out small, like half pot, and bank on him raising me, so that I can 3 bet all in. This looks real strong and he "may" fold top pair like this.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:18 AM

why is everyone scared? he called your preflop raise. that's it. plain and simple. CB of 1/2 to 2/3. you have a good solid hand with extreme potential. I'd consider this hand a 15 outer and bet accordingly.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:43 AM

I raised pre-flop got one caller who checks to me, my hand might be best right now but has at least 9 and possibly 15 outs if villian has me beat. I'd bet out about 5,000 and call a push.

If you checked behind what would be your plan if the turn blanked and villians bets out strongly?
Stack sizes for the rest of the table would help.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was shortstacked with 27 players left, but really opened up and made it to the final table

[/ QUOTE ]

Little confusing to read it at first but I'm going with 9 left.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
final table

[/ QUOTE ] Uhm...

[/ QUOTE ]

Woops sorry, guess I shouldn't be trying to do 3 things at the same time [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2005, 11:55 AM

No question really - Standard CB of 1/2 to 3/4 pot. Gotta rep the King. If he calls, fine. On to the turn. You have position and can take a free river card if checked to again. If a spade hits you are money.

If he pushes after the CB, you are almost definitely against a King, but you have 8-9 outs + 3 aces. (he could have the Kspades)

You could push, looking to pick up the pot right there and have outs if called. I like that play as well. The only problem is that you are screaming - I do not have a King and I am on a spade draw.

I do not like the check behind because if you miss on the turn, he takes this pot away. If you hit an Ace, you will not get any action anyway. If a Spade hits, you might get him to bet into you, but most likely he checks and fold to your turn bet.

All things - I CB 1/2 pot and call his all in, expecting him to show me KJ, KQ with the King of spades.