Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 02:55 PM

Default 44 in CO

Poker Room 5-10

9 players

BB is decent. I've seen him raise big cards from EP, and then bet overs HU unimproved on every street.

He probalby views me as decent, but more aggressive than he is.

Hip has 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] CO

a bunch of folds, a really not good player limps in the HJ, Hip raises, 2 folds, BB 3-bets, limper folds, I call.

Flop (HU) 7.5sb

J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB bets, Hip calls.

Turn (HU) about 5BB

9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB bets, Hip raises....

I'm folding to a 3 bet, or a river donk on a reasonable looking card.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: 44 in CO

Looks good. Betting any non-A river if he calls and checks?
Old 11-04-2005, 03:04 PM

Seems reasonable.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:13 PM

since you raise the turn you might freeze hands that you are losing too, and thus you are not getting honest info from villian. So because of that I don't like the idea of a value bet on the river if he checks to you.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:15 PM

Are you not raising the flop here because you expect Villain could 3-bet UI overs on the flop but not the turn?
Old 11-04-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you not raising the flop here because you expect Villain could 3-bet UI overs on the flop but not the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

He might 3-bet AK/AQ on the flop if he thinks I'm raising on trash.

At this table, the last two times I played a hand like this I had TP/TK and AA.

To answer someone else's question, no, I'm not betting the river unless it's a 4, becuase this guy will call down with TT-55, maybe even QQ.

This is why I know if I get 3bet by him, I'm most likely up against, AA, KK, some random J.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's more to get the villain to fold overs on the turn (which we want cuz he'll have 9 outs with two overs). To get him to fold a better hand (won't happen very often I know). To get a free showdown if we want it. If he 3bets, we have an easy fold.

I changed my mind about river betting. I'd bet a 4, a 2, a J, and a 9, but probably not anything else. I think on a 2 or J he's more likely to call with AK and with a 9 it's the only way we can win so hopefully he folds and he may fold a higher underpair.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's more to get the villain to fold overs on the turn (which we want cuz he'll have 9 outs with two overs). To get him to fold a better hand (won't happen very often I know). To get a free showdown if we want it. If he 3bets, we have an easy fold.

I changed my mind about river betting. I'd bet a 4, a 2, a J, and a 9, but probably not anything else. I think on a 2 or J he's more likely to call with AK and with a 9 it's the only way we can win so hopefully he folds and he may fold a higher underpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, need to add, if the river is a 9, for JJ99x, I'm betting, knowing he's going to call with his Ax [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

But if he has KQ, then getting him to fold on that river would be nice.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:28 PM

BB is decent. I've seen him raise big cards from EP, and then bet overs HU unimproved on every street.

I like a call down line here considering this and also considering the fact that he views you overaggressive. I don't thinbk you are going to get him to fold many better hands than yours and he may call you down with ak if you raise the turn but probably not. Its not like you get to see the showdown any cheaper by raising the turn...I do like your line also but I think this one is a little better considering your read and table image