Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 11:39 PM

Default Re: Preventing the float attempt...10/20 A4o in the CO

fold preflop
Old 10-27-2005, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im villian and im raising a lot of rivers with air especially against a 2+2 type who will fold to river raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldn't getting to the river with air enough to raise it "a lot" against 2+2ers be a losing play? I'm not paranoid enough to pay off the river without a read.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

see I used to all the time, but I was recently coached by wuarhg who goes down to A5o as his default but will raise down to A2o sometimes...I admit it was a bit of a test for myself but it's not my standard play. I like to have A6o+ here, cause I'm still only 4K hands into 10/20 and still adjusting to the limit and to stealing more.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

see I used to all the time, but I was recently coached by wuarhg who goes down to A5o as his default but will raise down to A2o sometimes...I admit it was a bit of a test for myself but it's not my standard play. I like to have A6o+ here, cause I'm still only 4K hands into 10/20 and still adjusting to the limit and to stealing more.

[/ QUOTE ]

i go down to A5o as well. A5o is a very small winner in my database in steal attempts from the CO, and the # continues to increase up to AKo.

I think peter_rus made a point about A5o being the cutoff between winning and losing aces in the CO.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:29 AM

Wow this is a light raise preflop. Check-raise the turn.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:38 AM

I raise this preflop sometimes when Button is in line and fold it when he or the blinds aren't.

Rob
Old 10-28-2005, 08:42 AM

the idea being that he'll call down with hands I beat for the FOS factor and he'll often have a draw? if I'm putting in potentially two bets on the turn isn't just betting it probably better?
Old 10-28-2005, 09:04 AM

If you decided that your hand was worth two total big bets on the turn and river and you were going to fold to a river raise, then I don't like the way you spent your 2 bets here. Bet-call the turn and and fold unimproved on the river if he fires again would have been better in my opinion. I'm not saying I would have played it that way, but if you are going to spend two and only two I think that is the best way to do it. Your line is strange and when I take a strange line I find it tougher to trust my opponent's reactions to it. In other words, folding to his river raise here after taking your line would leave me wondering.

Cartman
Old 10-28-2005, 09:45 AM

a4o and below are VERY slight winners (combined, a3o and a4o are slight losers with a2o being a decent winner) for me when stealing from the co. Of course, I only have 300 instances of this, so who really knows. I personally feel comfortable with these hands in most situations. a5 and all aces above that are winning a decent amount. I raise first in with a4o and below about 50% of the time.

I think that this is a better play at 10/20 and below, because players tend to give less respect to A hi flops than at 15/30 and higher, thus you get less action unless you are beat. (of course, this increases the value of other stealing hands, since your opponents are folding on A hi flops without a fight a lot more. Consequently, my steal percentage is about the same at 10/20+ )

-Mike
Old 10-28-2005, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im villian and im raising a lot of rivers with air especially against a 2+2 type who will fold to river raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldn't getting to the river with air enough to raise it "a lot" against 2+2ers be a losing play? I'm not paranoid enough to pay off the river without a read.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait, what? you aren't saying that you'd fold the river to a raise the way this hand actually played out, are you? are you talking about a spade river or something?