Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 10-27-2005, 03:25 PM

Default In SB with 32o; 3 posters check

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $1. CO posts a blind of $1. UTG posts a blind of $1.
UTG (poster) checks, MP (poster) checks, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, <font color="blue">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (11 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises</font>, Hero folds

Standard?
Old 10-27-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: In SB with 32o; 3 posters check

Ellipse you got a set of big ones!

Instant classic yes. Standard probably not.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:33 PM

IMO you are going to win without a showdown so rarely when it's 5 handed that this is just spewing.

Folding&gt;Calling&gt;&gt;&gt;Raising
Old 10-27-2005, 03:35 PM

I don't like this at all.

Fold preflop. What does the raise accomplish? Are you trying to get HU with BB? 32 is not a good HU hand.

Are you trying to represent an ace on the flop? Check/fold.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:48 PM

Yeah I'm all for stealing from posters but this is quite wacky. You have three posters in a short-handed game and a button overlimp. What are you looking to do with a raise?
Old 10-27-2005, 03:51 PM

i'm sorry. i can't read the screen through these tears of laughter. did you seriously just spew that many chips with 32o?! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

FWIW: you might as well call that turn and hope to get a 4th [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the river and win with the 2nd nut low or catch the 5 for a straight. it's only 1 more BB and you've spewed enough already, why not...know what i'm sayin'.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:55 PM

I might limp this one. I don't think I like a raise because there was a limper are you're WOOP (WAY out of position). Take a flop against random hands and try to flop a miracle.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're WOOP (WAY out of position)

[/ QUOTE ]

woop! woop!
Old 10-27-2005, 04:48 PM

You've got the right idea, but not from the SB and not after the button overlimps.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:35 PM

Let's re-visit this one.

The play, and the post, were made in a bit of a mischievous spirit, and I'm not going to argue that this play was +EV, but some analysis might help us to better define the limits of post-stealing with junk.

The point here is NOT to defend/criticize the play in the original hand, but to explore the outer limits of post-stealing.

I'll ask the question this way...What are some minimum changes in the dynamics of the hand that would be necessary for you to raise these two cards? I assume everyone raises with this hand when they post in the CO and it's folded to them.

Is it simply untenable to steal from the SB with multiple posters?

Asked another way, what's the minimum hand you raise with here? 42o? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The chief considerations in this hand are (1) There are as many as 4.5 SB's worth of dead money in the pot when it gets to us pf. (2) None of the four players in the pot have a good hand. (3) The button and any poster that calls will play poorly post-flop. (4) Raise or fold are the only options, since calling gets us in a 6-way pot looking for a miracle. (5) The probabilty for getting it HU with button is undefined but significantly greater than zero. (6) We're OOP.

Again, this is only to explore the outer range of possiblities when facing multiple posters with junk. Forgive me if you think this is a stupid bump.