Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy

Old 10-13-2005, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Sinning Chritian\'s moral code as \"irrational\" as an atheists code

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the Christian will, by assumption, be not be following the Absolute code they believe in but will be breaking some laws. How do they decide which ones to break: there is no absolute moral code on what moral laws can be broken.

[/ QUOTE ]

None can be broken.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it impossible to break any part of a moral code, how do you believe a sin can be committed? Surely that is what sin is, breaking of a moral "law"?

[/ QUOTE ]

You misunderstood, or rather I was not as clear as I could have been. When I said that none can be broken I did not mean that it is impossible to break them. I meant that none can be broken without being judged guilty. There is no free pass. If you break the law, the price for your sin is death.

Hope that is clearer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. You meant may not. (Johnny can steal the apple but he may not)

Your particular faith doesn't include salvation through repentance of sin, then? Tough one that, break the law and you pay the price of sin, death (by which I guess you mean no afterlife in the presence of God) no second chances.

I think you are in a minority of the theists never mind atheists with this one.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Sinning Chritian\'s moral code as \"irrational\" as an atheists code

[ QUOTE ]
Your particular faith doesn't include salvation through repentance of sin, then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Repentance and faith are two sides of the same coin. Repentance is the sinner turning from his sin while faith is him turning to Christ for salvation.

Hebrews 6:1 describes the elementary doctrine of Christ as "repentance from dead works and of faith toward God."

There is no saving faith without repentance.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:23 PM

You could of at least said sex with a woman. That would be normal. But pleasuring yourself....yuck.