Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you kill her?
Yes 125 64.77%
No 68 35.23%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2005, 02:51 PM

Default How far do I go on the turn?

4 handed, MCC 5-10

UTG is good player, but aggressive. I am Button. UTG views me as a solid player.

I have K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the button.

UTG raises, I 3-bet, SB calls, BB folds, UTG caps, I call, SB calls.

Flop (3 players) 13SB

A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, UTG bets, I raise, SB calls, UTG 3-bets, I cap, SB folds, UTG calls.

Turn(2 players) 12BB

7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG checks, I bet, UTG raises, I 3-bet, UTG 4-bets....

At this point, how many bets do I go, we both have abotu 20BB left.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:56 PM

Default Re: How far do I go on the turn?

The only hand you don't have a huge edge against is exactly KJ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], but given he capped preflop a set is much more likely IMO.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:07 PM

you have the advantage right now, if he boats up, oh well, get all your money in while your ahead
Old 10-05-2005, 03:11 PM

I voted 5 bet. Look what river brings and then go crazy if the board is not paired (and if he still wants to). If the river is a spade I would not worry too much but would not go all in as well. I think if the river is safe and he still raises, you chop most of the time, otherwise his set is no good.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I voted 5 bet. Look what river brings and then go crazy if the board is not paired (and if he still wants to). If the river is a spade I would not worry too much but would not go all in as well. I think if the river is safe and he still raises, you chop most of the time, otherwise his set is no good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why not get all your money in with the nuts on the turn? You need to get the max amount in the pot when you're garunteed to have an equity edge (exception is if villan has kjs, which he doesn't have).
Old 10-05-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not get all your money in with the nuts on the turn? You need to get the max amount in the pot when you're garunteed to have an equity edge (exception is if villan has kjs, which he doesn't have).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you are right, we have 3 to 1 advantage if he has aces and only 2 to 3 disadvantage if he has KJ of spades (just one combination which is very unlikely considering preflop action). So, yeah, I was wrong, we should put all money in.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you are right, we have 3 to 1 advantage if he has aces and only 2 to 3 disadvantage if he has KJ of spades (just one combination which is very unlikely considering preflop action). So, yeah, I was wrong, we should put all money in.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must also consider the opponent, how many bets would you go with AA in this spot.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You must also consider the opponent, how many bets would you go with AA in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably no more than 4. But he could put the opponent on set of quins since KJ is not really 3-betting hand. In that case he may go a bit more.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:36 PM

If this was against a bad player, I would say all in. If this is a good player that is crazy. After about 5-7 bets, he has KJ, and the more bets that go in, exactly K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

EDIT: The preflop action makes me change my mind a little bit. He likely has AA and likely puts you on QQ or TT. So I would be willing to go a few more. I still wouldn't go 20 bets though b/c he should get the picture at some point. EDIT again I didn't realize it was 4 handed, which makes me like the 3 bet but makes it more likely he could have KJ I only go like 5-7 bets
Old 10-05-2005, 03:54 PM

I can't believe the majority of people are saying they'd go a huge number of bets. I took 5 bets, maybe I'd go 7, but after 7 bets, the guy is telling you: "I also have the nuts but I'm freerolling you."