Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: I like big bucks and I cannot lie

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
checkraise/fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

me2

[/ QUOTE ]
You guys don't think this is getting a bit too fancy? He's a horrible player and all, but even horrible players sometimes check behind when there's a one-gapper straight on the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems like he has a TJ QJ, i doubt this player checks them.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm also rather uncomfortable with putting two bets into a large pot heads up on the river and then not even getting to see a showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are uncomfortable for emotional reasons then get over them, sure it sucks to fold on the river but that's poker. you could test this, at that decision you'll be getting 16:1, as a side bet, after he's 3 bet would you take a bet of 16:1 from me that he doesn't have the straight? Say wager $200 for a potential $3.8k payoff when he has the straight. Same applies to my AA top set hand. People are just way too attached to 'big hand, big pot, must showdown'.

If you are uncomfortable because this lag is a type of lag who would throw in the extra bet just because he is pissed off then call the 3 bet, i'd still take this line because i think that 3 bet is rarely coming.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:02 PM

do you not think he checks 2 pair behind often on the river? That is the scariest river card ever no?
Old 09-17-2005, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given that this guy would play any two pair (or maybe even Q9!) exactly the same way, it seemed like a pretty easy betcall situation. I bet, he called, showed me Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and MHIG.

[/ QUOTE ]you missed a bet.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
checkraise/fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

me2

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm also rather uncomfortable with putting two bets into a large pot heads up on the river and then not even getting to see a showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]i do this all the time.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Given that this guy would play any two pair (or maybe even Q9!) exactly the same way, it seemed like a pretty easy betcall situation. I bet, he called, showed me Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and MHIG.

[/ QUOTE ]
This has got to take the prize for "most worthless comment of the month." Congratulations! You had a lot of competition for this prize, but you managed to pull through in the end!
Old 09-18-2005, 05:08 AM

well, what the [censored] did i win?
Old 09-18-2005, 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well, what the [censored] did i win?

[/ QUOTE ]
Big bucket of [censored].
Old 09-18-2005, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He could very easily check behind.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He could very easily check behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubtful.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This has got to take the prize for "most worthless comment of the month." Congratulations! You had a lot of competition for this prize, but you managed to pull through in the end!

[/ QUOTE ]

nightwish why are you so upset? flawless_victory and 1800gambler just taught you a great play, as they said, LAG probably has QT or QJ and the c/r is the right way to exploit that hand range and his LAGness. it is too bad you're such an angry person or you might have learned something.