Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 09-14-2005, 07:41 AM

Default Re: Check-raising a 2+2er with quads

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should CR the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? To indicate to him that I don't have a K? Given that I checked, I was more interested in getting as many people to call the flop as possible instead of pushing them out.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you should CR the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? To indicate to him that I don't have a K? Given that I checked, I was more interested in getting as many people to call the flop as possible instead of pushing them out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anybody's putting any money in unless they've got something. And I think you're getting way more action if you stimulate it by misrepresenting your hand, yes.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:23 AM

Default Re: RESULTS and discussion

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm betting the turn, there are four things he should be putting me on:

(a) a 3
(b) a spade draw
(c) A high
(d) a K

[/ QUOTE ]
What hands will you call with on the flop that now made a flush draw? What A-high hands will you call with on that flop with two players to act behind you? A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] isn't a possibility.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I'm betting the turn, there are four things he should be putting me on:

(a) a 3
(b) a spade draw
(c) A high
(d) a K

[/ QUOTE ]
What hands will you call with on the flop that now made a flush draw? What A-high hands will you call with on that flop with two players to act behind you? A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] isn't a possibility.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you explain to me why A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] isn't a possibility?
Old 09-14-2005, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you explain to me why A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] isn't a possibility?

[/ QUOTE ]

Predictive combinatorics and the null flush theorem. Oh, and the board. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2005, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you explain to me why A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] isn't a possibility?

[/ QUOTE ]
Flop (6 players, 6 SB): K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2005, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

checkraising risks check behinds from A high and low pairs like 66. basically his entire hand range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, you think most 2+2ers check behind a full house when checked to? Come on.

And most wont be holding ace high at the river.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:19 AM

I personally hate that check/raise attempt.

You've shown strength the whole way with a board that had no draws. You couldn't possibly have been hurt by the king, and neither could he unless he had a set on the flop or turn.

Anyone calling you the whole way will continue to call, but rarely will you get bet into. If you _do_ get bet into, you occasionally have hands folded for one additional bet. Usually though, it'll get checked behind.

The gaybet on the turn is pretty ridiculous. Why didn't you just lead out on the flop, or if you planned on leading the turn, checkraise the flop? You get more bets, and you show less strenght than both with gaybetting or checkraising the tunr. Leading the flop also encourages a raise from the PFR as a feeler.

Checkraising the turn is pretty bad i think. It shows too much strength for a hand that is either way ahead or way behind (probably way ahead), and you'll have plenty of strong hands folding.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can you explain to me why A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] isn't a possibility?

[/ QUOTE ]

Predictive combinatorics and the null flush theorem. Oh, and the board. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup, thank you very much, I'm now officially retarded. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The gaybet on the turn is pretty ridiculous. Why didn't you just lead out on the flop, or if you planned on leading the turn, checkraise the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because I don't want him to fold. Leading the flop is OK, check-raising the flop is not good against this guy.