Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 08-31-2005, 09:45 AM

Default Re: Help me cool my room, please!

[ QUOTE ]
when i was a kid my mother had this mist maker gadget to keep us all cold when we went outside. in a nutshell, you take ice water and fill up the mist maker bottle/jug. the mistmaker sort of works like a squirt gun where you pull a trigger, but instead of a stream of water, actual mist gets squirted. it really kept us all extremely cool and i used to love the thing because the cool air/water felt so good. i recommend you try and find one.

[/ QUOTE ]
I recommend you don't do this excessively in your dorm room.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
when i was a kid my mother had this mist maker gadget to keep us all cold when we went outside. in a nutshell, you take ice water and fill up the mist maker bottle/jug. the mistmaker sort of works like a squirt gun where you pull a trigger, but instead of a stream of water, actual mist gets squirted. it really kept us all extremely cool and i used to love the thing because the cool air/water felt so good. i recommend you try and find one.

[/ QUOTE ]
I recommend you do this excessively in your dorm room.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure this is what you meant, Patrick.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is great, but if they really want to be dicks about it, they'll take this away too, because it's an air conditioner.

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, the problem with the AC is the outlets arent OK to run them. They wont have a problem with this?

[ QUOTE ]
Also, you should use antifreeze instead of water.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm... so, just put frozen bottles of water in antifreeze?

Is it ok to put ice cubes in antifreeze? (I know its water based, but I just want to double check)
Old 08-31-2005, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is great, but if they really want to be dicks about it, they'll take this away too, because it's an air conditioner.

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, the problem with the AC is the outlets arent OK to run them. They wont have a problem with this?

[ QUOTE ]
Also, you should use antifreeze instead of water.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm... so, just put frozen bottles of water in antifreeze?

Is it ok to put ice cubes in antifreeze? (I know its water based, but I just want to double check)

[/ QUOTE ]
You'd be better off putting frozen bottles in there instead of diluting the antifreeze, but I don't think it's going to do anything bad to the antifreeze... you're not going to explode or corrode or anything.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:03 AM

Yah - that's essentially a swamp cooler. They're fans-deluxe and all over Walmart, etc. I grew up in the depths of hell (Florida) and I recommend one.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I recommend you do this excessively in your dorm room.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure this is what you meant, Patrick.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right. I meant to say party on with your swamp cooler. You'll like it a lot in the hot weather. Also, you should put it right by your computer to help keep that from overheating as well.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:13 AM

Why is anti-freeze better? I always thought that anti-freeze was used just to prevent boil-over and freezing in extreme(ish) conditions, but water is basically better at getting rid of heat etc, its just that if it freezes you are screwed?
Old 08-31-2005, 10:25 AM

When i was in college they didnt allow air condtioners either in the windows so we bought one of the floor modles that has the tube go out the window like a dryer they never said anyting about that.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:27 AM

Stop masterbating so much.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When i was in college they didnt allow air condtioners either in the windows so we bought one of the floor modles that has the tube go out the window like a dryer they never said anyting about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the first thing that came to my mind. They have tabletop versions, too, so you can stick it in your close if you don't want people to see it.

If you can keep a small fridge in there, packets of blue ice are very effective in keeping you cool. Just lay one on your skin, especially the skin of your wrists, elbow, or neck. They'll cool you off for hours and won't make much of a mess. I use the hard-sided ones regularly. The other day I used one that was about a foot square. Laid it on my chest and went to sleep. It helped a LOT.