Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Deep Stacks and I try a move...

Ok, I am not comfortable when I'm deep and there is another deep stack in the hand with me. There, I said it.

I know preflop was a mistake, I was trying to dig my way out.

Villain is a decent player, pretty tight and straightforward postflop. in 100+ hands he's 30/10ish, every time I've seen him raise pf and showdown he's had a legit hand. Table is tight and I've been raising a lot pf and taking down a lot of pots on the flop.

He's only been in 2 big pots and he showed down big hands both times.

6 max 100 NL ($1 BB) I have about $220, villain about the same.

I get 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the CO. Folded to me, I make it 4 to go. Villain makes it 25. I'm positive he has AA,KK,AK. MAYBE QQ. Should have folded right there...don't have odds even I'm sure I'll stack him if I hit. So of course I call.

Flop (~$50) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I was ready to give up, but the flop is so potentially scary and the pot is big I'd take a stab. I bet $50...I'm fairly certain he folds KK, QQ, and MAYBE AK if the K is not the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Worth a shot or spewery? I would VERY rarely try this. It was specific to this opponent, and the texture of THIS flop. Let me have it.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Deep Stacks and I try a move...

I don't think it's bad at all, IF you think villian is willing to lay down a non-club AK. If you think he will, then go ahead and fire away, because there are only two hands that are going to play with you (AA and KK with a club). Everything else will likely fold. Heck, he might even drop KK with a club, but it's doubtful.

Another thought. What about overbetting the pot? Does anyone like a bet of maybe 75 into the 50 pot? I rarely overbet on the flop, so I'm deferring to others about that line.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:57 PM

Villian folds a non [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] AK here about once every 50 years.

What the hell would he put you on to make him fold? He knows you don't have the flush, because the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]is out there, and you wouldn't have called the reraise preflop without that.

IMO, you get Red kings, and red queens to fold here. That's it.

Black KK probably calls, and so do black queens. Then on the turn you get to surrender the pot.

AxK [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] slowplays the flop here and calls--waiting till the turn to move.

AxKx probably calls and waits for a non-club turn, then more than likely pushes then.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:00 PM

I like it. I might go for the check raise, but either way, he has to fold more than half the hands you put him on, and you are doubling your money if he folds... +EV.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:07 PM

Your move is ok as long as you are dumping this hand to any further agression.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:11 PM

Better than giving up right here, if he calls this flat then he most likely has KK QQ with a club. It might almost be worth another bet on the turn.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian folds a non AK here about once every 50 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good players fold a non-club AK all the time in this spot. I know this is NL100, but from the poster's reads, this is a hand played against a very reasonable opponent.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Better than giving up right here, if he calls this flat then he most likely has KK QQ with a club. It might almost be worth another bet on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have the heart to do that, god bless you.

I simply would not be able to bet this turn unless I was certain villian didn't have AA. I can easily see someone trapping with AA here, knowing that an inferior hand might just go to the felt bluffing or semi-bluffing this board.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah not with this guy. If he calls the flop, I'm so done. Thanks for the input guys. I knew it was a borderline play, and I wouldn't make it against 95% of the people in 100NL.

If anyone cares he raised me big and I folded. He said he had AK with the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2005, 10:54 PM

Its a spew and no AK is folding this. Not a huge spew, the preflop call that was the huge one because it will happen more often.