Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 02:48 PM

Default live 10/20 HOR amusements

decided to play some live poker last night, got "sup bro"'d by poster w. deranged while sitting 1/2nl and decided to join his 10/20 HOR game and donate for a while, as the EdFish is wont to do when the nl nits berate him for being such a fish.

in classic fashion, i ran really hot while playing with the mantra of "calling is easy.... and fun!", which i repeated many times throught the night.

w. deranged is both a good player and a good guy, and came up with a couple of interesting ideas during the session. first, while tipping a dealer, he made a comment to the effect of "someone should start marketing tip-back for live poker!" a few hands later, we were heads-up in razz and i called a bet on 4th while clearly behind. he bet again on 5th and i asked for "fish-back" when i laid it down on 5th..... will was very amused and tossed me a white chip (w00t!) as an extention of the previous, the next time we switched to razz, will asked the dealer if ante-back could be instituted....for some reason everyone at the table besides the two of us was very confused.

in summary, i played like a fish, finished up a rack, and was entertained to boot.

getting out from behind a computer and playing live rules.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Re: live 10/20 HOR amusements

1. Rotation games rule.

2. I would have made a killing that night except I had to pay rack upon rack to Ed in fishback.

3. Anyone interested in tipback from Mike C. pm me.

4. Calling is easy and fun.

5. For future reference, anyone playing EdFish should know that his playing style is best described as LP-D... loose-passive/Donktastic

J/k

Anyone interested in 10/20 rotation games (or hold'em) who has any idea what we're talking about is highly encouraged to play.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:28 PM

where at?
Old 07-21-2005, 02:10 PM

Ed, where did you play last night? I was in midtown with TT, Whiskeytown, Wayfare and others. Did I leave too early?

The Doc