Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Featured Table selections fair or unfair??

By the way, according to taopoker.blogspot.com, they've changed the ESPN feature table again, and Luske is still there! According to Card Player, it's not helping much, he's only at about 13k.

Kevin...
Old 07-10-2005, 09:19 PM

I played on the ESPN feature table for around 4 hours. At the break the tournament officials told us we were moving to
the TV table. I vehemently protested to no avail. The only reason our table was moved was because Phil Helmuth
was the key player. I thought being on the TV table was
a big disadvantage for me personally. I had to sign a bunch
of papers for ESPN, I had to change shirts because my shirt
had PokerStars.com on it, and I had to wear a microphone.
I also was told at least a dozen times to move my chips because they were blocking the cameras on the table. I did
not mind the crowd, but I hated the hot bright lights shining on me. It was hot in the tournament area to begin with and it must have been 20 degrees hotter with the lights. We also started about ten minutes late, because
we had to sign papers for ESPN and be hooked up with the mikes.

Bruce
Old 07-10-2005, 09:40 PM

The tables are populated randomly, but of course, they pick which one will be the TV table based on who is there.

When they need to fill a seat, they high card for it at the next table to break.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:57 PM

Clearly unfair.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:14 PM

My entire table was moved at about 9:30 PM on Saturday, to join Marcel Luske, who was sitting there by himself. It was obvious to me that the reason that we were being moved was because of the presence of a very boisterous and personable bloke by the name of Simon who was at our table. He has myriad admirers and there seemed to be a fair amount of consultation before they actually pulled the trigger on the decision. You cannot tell me it is random.

Anyway, this was a terrible thing for me (as I am generally camera shy), but I figured it was not open to discussion.

Long story short, it's boiling hot, there's a bunch of mugging for the cameras, you get maybe half as many hands dealt, and it just generally sucks.

I got there with 35K in chips and finished the night at the feature table with 41K in chips, so I cannot complain too much, but the whole thing was a drag.

But compared to the way I busted out today, the feature table was the highlight of my existnce, a shining, happy time with bunnies and a hapy talking flower and then some more bunnies.

But this is the wrong place for that story.

Bottom line: If anyone tries to sell you on the notion that the feature table draw is "totally random," punch them n the face, because they are either lying or ill-informed, and therefore require a punch in the face.

Guess I'll go post my bustout hand now. Oh, the humanity.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:58 AM

As I am re-watching the WSOP right now, can someone give me the odds of Dan Harrington getting moved from the TV table only to be replaced by Eric Sidel?

Rigged.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As I am re-watching the WSOP right now, can someone give me the odds of Dan Harrington getting moved from the TV table only to be replaced by Eric Sidel?

Rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize how many hours of footage they have from the day? They aren't going to show nobody's entering the table.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:04 AM

Right.

And when a seat opened at ours, it was miraculously filled by...Glen Hughes, who had plenty of airtime last year.

These are...coincidences?
Old 07-11-2005, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize how many hours of footage they have from the day? They aren't going to show nobody's entering the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sitting in the same seat? I am pretty sure it was one replaced for another... not "hours later".
Old 07-11-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Right.

And when a seat opened at ours, it was miraculously filled by...Glen Hughes, who had plenty of airtime last year.

These are...coincidences?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, sure, there's proof.. who doesn't want to tune in to ESPN to see Glen Hughes play poker? Get a grip, man.