Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 10:33 PM

Default Top pair good kicker against sb aggression

SB is 18/12 and hasn't done anything unreasonable since I sat down. No stats or reads on other players.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

1. Anyone reraise preflop from the BB with this hand?
2. Anyone cap the flop or raise the turn?
3. What if any river cards do I consider folding to a bet?
4. I assume the river bet is SOP.
5. Should I be worried about the button?
Old 04-02-2005, 12:02 AM

Default Re: Top pair good kicker against sb aggression

1.) No.
2.) I might cap the flop to see if he leads the turn, after which I call down, but I would also throw up if I capped the flop and he check raised me on the turn. In either case, it looks like you're up against two pair, a set, or a really big draw (flush + OESD).
3.) If any, I'd fold to a spade or maybe a 9. I'm not sure Id fold to either of those, though that kind of stubborness might be a big leak in my game.
4.) Yes. Aside from a K/Q, that was the best card in the deck for you, IMO. I would consider raising here, as button looks like he's either on the flush draw (in which case he folds for one anyways) or has a Kx (in which case he might call two cold). I don't think SB, especially with those stats, is looking to check/raise his rivered boat, and that you just sucked out on two pair.
5.) After the turn action, no. I don't think he's sitting on AK or K8, so you're ok.