Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2005, 09:31 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC
Default PokerNOW

facts i have so far.............
PokerNOW is undergoing an audit by IGM of all its poker accounts. IGM froze their Febraury payments due to "fraudulent marketing". PokerNOW admittedly panicked and reacted a bit too soon. They do not know whether they will be paid until the conclusion of the audit this coming week. They painted a dire picture of payment yesterday. Today they are of a different mindframe and have confidence that they will get the money that is due to them, thereby being able to pay their affiliates and so on. This is not 100%, but after PokerNOW has looked over everything with their lawyers, they feel this will be the resolution. They did pay a few small affiliates they have before the payment to them from IGM because those amounts are insignificant and they pay them to get the work out of the way. Any affiliate with a sizeable business at PokerNOW has been affected by this audit.

i have spoken with the other skins and they feel this is of no threat to them. eurobet is removed from party and party doesnt have access to eurobet like they do with pokernow or empire. empire is too big for party to mess with. this doesnt mean 100% that this wont happen to other skins. but they have assured me it wont.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:37 PM

Default Re: PokerNOW

Thank you for your info morgant.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:38 PM

This sounds like great news. Panic spreads too fast on the internet and these boards....

Remember saabpo everyone?
Old 03-12-2005, 09:45 PM

SAABPO IS INVOLVED IN THIS? I KNEW THOSE ROBOTS WOULD RUIN POKER!
Old 03-12-2005, 09:46 PM

thanks morgant, your organization is the best.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerNOW is undergoing an audit by IGM of all its poker accounts. IGM froze their Febraury payments due to "fraudulent marketing". PokerNOW admittedly panicked and reacted a bit too soon. They do not know whether they will be paid until the conclusion of the audit this coming week. They painted a dire picture of payment yesterday. Today they are of a different mindframe and have confidence that they will get the money that is due to them, thereby being able to pay their affiliates and so on. This is not 100%, but after PokerNOW has looked over everything with their lawyers, they feel this will be the resolution. They did pay a few small affiliates they have before the payment to them from IGM because those amounts are insignificant and they pay them to get the work out of the way. Any affiliate with a sizeable business at PokerNOW has been affected by this audit.

i have spoken with the other skins and they feel this is of no threat to them. eurobet is removed from party and party doesnt have access to eurobet like they do with pokernow or empire. empire is too big for party to mess with. this doesnt mean 100% that this wont happen to other skins. but they have assured me it wont.

[/ QUOTE ]

please keep us updated zool.

rumor can get out of control fast, and i'm going to use what you say as gospel.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:09 PM

Nice work. I don't know your sources, but my poker instincts are telling me that you're right on.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But once they pay, rakeback at PNow is done for the future, am I right? If so, that really bites. I just got on the bandwagon last week. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2005, 10:17 PM

The Gospel according to morgant?

Has a nice ring to it I suppose.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SAABPO IS INVOLVED IN THIS? I KNEW THOSE ROBOTS WOULD RUIN POKER!

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh