Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2005, 06:59 PM

Default live 10/20 QQ

4 handed late night home game. cast of characters:

seat 1: tending towards laggy pf/flop, good use of aggression on later streets, good hand reader. the one who convinced us to up the stakes. has been drinking.

seat 2: decent, tending towards tight/weak. definately a stronger full game player.

seat 3: bets until told to stop once he starts. tends to fold big streets too often when played back at. the host of the game, and clearly the weakest player left.

seat 4: myself. i've been remarkably in line this session, but had made some donkish plays earlier in 2/4 and 5/10. i've been releasing my blinds with tommy-like ease and calling down a lot, possibly folding too many rivers.

anyway, i have black QQ in the big blind, seat two open raises on the button, which he hasn't been doing all that often, so he most likely has some sort of legitimate hand. sb semi-coldcalls, i 3bet, they both call dejectedly.

flop: j rag rag rainbow

sb checks, i bet, button raises in a decidedly non-dejected fashion, sb folds in an angry manner (he's been running like really bad).

i call, planning to raise any undercard turn and raise any non-ace river, betting any river if he takes a free card.

thoughts?
Old 02-26-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Re: live 10/20 QQ

[ QUOTE ]
anyway, i have black QQ in the big blind, seat two open raises on the button, which he hasn't been doing all that often, so he most likely has some sort of legitimate hand. sb semi-coldcalls, i 3bet, they both call dejectedly.

flop: j rag rag rainbow

sb checks, i bet, button raises in a decidedly non-dejected fashion, sb folds in an angry manner (he's been running like really bad).

i call, planning to raise any undercard turn and raise any non-ace river, betting any river if he takes a free card.

thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, What kind of free turn card is he looking for on that board? Looks like AJ is a definite possibility, or her could have something like 99 or TT putting you on AK. or AQ.

Main question I have is, would they cap AA or KK preflop? I'm tending to think yes.

I much prefer to fast play right at him here, three bet, and lead the turn.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well, What kind of free turn card is he looking for on that board? Looks like AJ is a definite possibility, or her could have something like 99 or TT putting you on AK. or AQ.

Main question I have is, would they cap AA or KK preflop? I'm tending to think yes.

I much prefer to fast play right at him here, three bet, and lead the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, I'm glad our thought processes were similar at least. I agree that AJ, TT, and 99 are his most likely hands here. I put the 'free card' thing in there mostly as a disclaimer, I really wasn't expecting that to happen, thought he may have taken that line with 88 or 99, intending to call a river bet.

as for AA/KK, I'd say this guy, at that time, would cap AA like 60% of the time and KK more like 35%, he was a fan of slowplaying in bad places. also, i think he would have layed down 99 or tt to the turn bet if i 3bet/bet out a large percentage of the time.

against your typical sh donk, your line is obviously best. especially online.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:19 AM

Ha ha, did forrest (or copus) pwn you with a set?

Anyways, he's smart enough to cap PF with AA-JJ (and possibly TT) short handed, when a third player is putting dead money in.

The only thing you are concerned about here is a small set. What were the rag cards? I think forrest is likely to have raised a very small PP here, however, I can't remember whether he plays sets fast on the flop in limit.

I three-bet the flop here and lead the turn. If I intend to CR the turn, then I would be very concerned about a turn three bet (that is almost definitely a set). At some point you have to give him credit.

Also, with only a J on board, I would be surprised if 99 or TT does not go to showdown. You may as well charge them.

-Flushed
Old 02-27-2005, 03:18 AM

haha, nice assumption on the other players involved, even though this game was actually off campus. as i said in my reply to bunky, villian was passive enough to have not capped wth a big pp here, even with the third player involved. if i get 3bet on the turn, "that's the point in the hand where brad starts calling down". folding at any point never entered my mind.

in any case, he called down with his AJ and mhwg.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you mean check raise on the turn? River too or bet there?

Either way I don't care because I would 3 bet the flop.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
in any case, he called down with his AJ and mhwg.

[/ QUOTE ]

So how did you play the rest of the hand?
Old 02-27-2005, 09:41 AM

edit: wow, my memory sucks. i called the flop, c-r the turn, got 3 bet, and called down. he showed aj and mhwg.