Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2004, 01:12 PM

Default Cashout from Party?

Which banks allow you to use Neteller or e checks by IGM-Pay? My bank doesn't and none of my credit cards do either. I'd like to set up a checking account in a bank that will allow me to get direct deposits.

On an unrelated subject, will getting more RAM for my computer solve the lagging problem I've had at Party since their last update? I have 96 Meg of ram right now. It worked great before the update last week.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Cashout from Party?

Suntrust works perfectly with neteller.
Old 01-31-2004, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Cashout from Party?

i have no idea about the RAM issue.

party lagged horribly on my old laptop (which was eventually stolen...good riddance).
it lagged about the same on an older model desk-top that i used for awhile.....it eventually got a little bit better....but i couldn't dream of playing 3-tables during peak hours, the whole thing would freeze up.

stars still worked great on both computers.
ub worked fast but the rest of my computer slowed down terribly when i played there.

i checked my old desktop a couple of days ago out of curiousity, got the update....and it pretty much no longer runs at all. indeed, the update does seem to mess with those who are using 'slightly' dated equipment (heck, it's a compaq from 97 or so....it's not like i have a commodore-64 or Apple-2e).

bought a new laptop a couple of weeks ago. it works GREAT, even though I still use a dial-up line. no lag at all. no more time-outs. party/empire is as fast as any other site now.
i used to think dial-up was part of the problem but i no longer think that.

feels like a hi-speed connection most of the time even via the dial-up.

i also spent the extra $$$ to get the extra resolution for greater ease multi-tabling and i love that also.

i'm fairly certain that no amount of RAM-boosting on my old computers could have gotten the kind of performance i'm getting on the new one. your situation is likely very different from mine though....just sharing thoughts on my situation.

i wonder how on earth i ever won at all on the old one with all the freeze-ups, time-outs, etc etc.

i don't think my new computer is all that special compared with anyone else's....it's just better than my old ones.

for people like you and Lori who may be contemplating taking the plunge and getting a new one.....i highly recommend doing just that if you can afford it. and if you can't afford it.....hopefully it will pay for itself at the tables.

did someone here previously speculate that the party-update might not work as well with older versions of windows??