Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-25-2005, 10:27 AM

Default Re: is this the easiest situation to fold AA?

[ QUOTE ]
I dont understand how you can stay in this pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can't figure out how someone could call with aces, you must be fun to watch when you play against typical players. I imagine you sitting there, head spinning, face all red, steam coming out of your ears, yelling out to no one in particular "how could he call with that?!"

-Eric
Old 12-25-2005, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Still we have outs to call. We have one A out, 3 8s and 2 7s for a total of 6 outs. Getting 9:1 from the pot this is a VERY easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd sure want to discount these outs a bit because of the chance of a made hand. I'm thinking discounting to about 3 or 4 outs is about right. But there is still the chance the hero has the best hand. Combine both those and I think a bet is best.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Still we have outs to call. We have one A out, 3 8s and 2 7s for a total of 6 outs. Getting 9:1 from the pot this is a VERY easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd sure want to discount these outs a bit because of the chance of a made hand. I'm thinking discounting to about 3 or 4 outs is about right.

[/ QUOTE ]
This was just an example I made IF we were up against J9 and A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. We need to discount when counting average outs for the turn since he might have a set, a flush or a straight, but at the same time we might be ahead just as you say. Check/folding the turn is weak, bet/fold I'll do...
Old 12-25-2005, 01:12 PM

I understand its weak to check/fold the turn in this situation. So lets assume we bet and both opponents just call? If we dont hit on the river, do we fire again unimproved, is it another bet/fold situation?
Old 12-25-2005, 01:20 PM

It depends on what the river brings. If it's a blank I won't fold without putting a bet into the pot, I would bet/fold.