Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-19-2005, 02:21 AM

Default 1010 in BB - facing 2 cold

CO - 29/9/2.5
MP2 - 30/9/2.26

Comments from start to finish. Not sure on the preflop call. Really not sure on the flop raise.

??

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16.66 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (14.33 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (16.33 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 17.33 BB
Old 12-19-2005, 02:28 AM

Default Re: 1010 in BB - facing 2 cold

crazy hand. I think if it's gonna get capped preflop, you should be the one to cap, then lead the flop. judging by the action it looks like you'll get raised by this line, if on the flop it comes back and it's 2 bets to call, I fold not closing the action, otherwise I call the flop and c/f the turn UI
Old 12-19-2005, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
crazy hand. I think if it's gonna get capped preflop, you should be the one to cap, then lead the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
wow, u must have used soem seriously convoluted logic to come to this conclusion.

OP, i say just call the flop bet and try to make your soso draw as cheap as possible... pf fine.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
crazy hand. I think if it's gonna get capped preflop, you should be the one to cap, then lead the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
wow, u must have used soem seriously convoluted logic to come to this conclusion.

OP, i say just call the flop bet and try to make your soso draw as cheap as possible... pf fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the compliment, just like alot of discouraging others on here. After thinking about it more and assuming both players called preflop, I would also try to see this turn as cheaply as possible and c/c
Old 12-19-2005, 03:46 AM

k, i am a dick and i apologize, but he didnt know it was getting capped until it got capped... it is rare that TT is way ahead here and overrepresenting your hand by capping does nothing 4 you... call, see a flop for two more hopefully.
there is one live hand behind u and he openraised from LMP anmd then saw a ton of action in front of him... many players will not cap here without minQQ so usually you are seeing a flop 30.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:17 AM

previously I would cap 99&amp;1010 in this spot. I just cold call mostly now with those two. I will cap JJ+ usually. I think the best plan is to try to suckout to your set/straight. I'd probably fish it to the river, but thats how I am.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:38 AM

ok, so just cold call pf, agreed, what if it's 2 bets to you on the flop? do you call and hope that LMP doesn't 3bet it or just fold?
Old 12-19-2005, 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
crazy hand. I think if it's gonna get capped preflop, you should be the one to cap, then lead the flop. judging by the action it looks like you'll get raised by this line, if on the flop it comes back and it's 2 bets to call, I fold not closing the action, otherwise I call the flop and c/f the turn UI

[/ QUOTE ]

You can cap all the way down to 77 PF.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHA!!!!

ok, seriously though, OP, your line isn't so very good. Call PF is good, but the flop chk/rz is a little silly. I know, I know, get those overcards to fold. Well, those overcards are not going any where for 2 bets in a pot this big and you open up a can of worms if, say, one of them 3bets, or the flop bettor 3bets. No need to invest a BB more than we have to. Ok, we have odds to call down to our 6 outs, so we do so. On the river, we look around and we are the only other player left in this huge pot, we are calling one more bet. Maybe he went AK Krazy.