Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Quick Check-up

If you don't raise pf, the blinds will come along, and CO gets a free play, and button may come along too. You gotta raise preflop to push out CO holding 53... At the turn, I think you have to raise to isolate, and also I would not want to put any more chips in the pot.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:23 PM

raise the turn.

without the co poster i think this is an easy raise, but i think limping with the poster behind is okay since its not that likely you'll gain position in the hand.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:45 PM

OK....I sorta figured I was raising the turn here, unless I was calling with the intent of showing aggression on the river. I was more concerned about coming up with plans for certain turn actions and river cards. What CO calls? What should I do with a 4 or 6 river? What about an 8 or a 9, which sizeably reduces the number of Tx hands I can beat from MP?

As far as preflop goes, I had my reasons. I can't imagine limping here is awful, considering the likely outcomes of my raise. If you really hate the limp, let me know why.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as preflop goes, I had my reasons. I can't imagine limping here is awful, considering the likely outcomes of my raise

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not aweful; it's just preferred. However, there are many reason to limp and that was your preference.

[ QUOTE ]
What CO calls? What should I do with a 4 or 6 river? What about an 8 or a 9, which sizeably reduces the number of Tx hands I can beat from MP?

[/ QUOTE ]

I you'll lose a lot of value in the river bet as I stated before. I bet an Ace, though, unlike I said earlier. I was just being a total pu$$ then.