Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 09:05 PM

Default Re: 97s.

No.

63X - 72(1-X) = 0
63X + 72X = 72

135X = 72

X = 53%
Old 12-14-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given ur flop play I have no idea what u are trying to represent on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

A set?

[ QUOTE ]
If I bluff here I would do a post oak bluff if checked to on river.

[/ QUOTE ]

A post oak bluff, if you've bluffed on turn, would be for his whole stack.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:02 AM

I suppose you're raising most pocket pairs on the button in this spot - still, representing a set just isn't going to work against most opponents. I think a lot of tens call you here - on the one hand, you want your opponent to give you credit for a set, meaning he's smart, but you also want him to not realize that you could be raising and betting with a far wider range of hands since you are on the button.

You also have no idea whether you ran into a horribly misplayed KQ or AQ - it's certainly a thin play. You are also drawing completely dead if you are called.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think you play aces that way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do. And sets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you play aces and sets in this manner because worse hands will call? For the same reason, I give up on this hand on the turn unless I have a strong read on the opponent.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:50 AM

Yeah, and that happens not all of the time.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:49 AM

So I guess using the same line with a strong hand and a bluff is just crazy then.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I guess using the same line with a strong hand and a bluff is just crazy then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that was kinda my point.. if I mix it up, what's the harm? If I show down the nuts here, maybe I get more fold equity next time I'm bluffing? If I show down 97[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], maybe I get more calls when I have the nuts.

[ QUOTE ]
sry, cant win every pot

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh? You sure about that, Bobbert? Yeah, we'll see, bud.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:40 AM

I hate the way you played it.

Preflop I don't think it is such a great idea to raise in that spot preflop. So far you only have one shorty in the pot, against him 97s is not that great of a hand. I do this kind of raises all the time, but not against shorties.

I don't mind CB on the flop that much, but I bet more. Also, I think checking is better there. Your hand has no way to improve on this board. There are a lot of morons who would call with a piece of the board. You are setting yourself up for an ugly turn with no outs.

Turn is chip-spewing. Too many people call with too many hands there. As long as the guy has something, there is no folding equity whatsoever and no way to improve. Just let it go. This is a spot to value-bet TP, not to bluff with air. Almost nobody gonna consider what are you representing at that point.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, of course it's not crazy against very strong opponents and or opponents you have a good read on. I just believe it's a poor play at 200NL online because you're likely to find much stronger, less risky places to get your chips in.