Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-09-2005, 12:18 AM

Default \"You\'re 100 to 1. Save your money.....\"

There is a line like that in HPFAP. Does it apply here?

Canterbury 15/30 9 handed
Reads. UTG is a fish (likely 45/15). He knows/fears/respects me. He will not get cute with me.

UTG+1 I have never played with before, but earlier in the session i did se him CC a pf raise with AJo, for whaterve that is worth.

Other fishy dude is irrelevant.

3 limpers to me on the button with J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], I gas it. Blinds call because they are dumb, limpers call.

Flop 6 ways (12SB): J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], checks to UTG who bets, UTG+1 calls, fishy calls, I raise, blinds fold, UTG makes it 3, UTG+1 CC's, fishy CC's, I make it 4 (5 is the cap), UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, fishy calls.

Turn 4 ways (14BB): T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, fishy checks, I bet, UTG now raises, UTG+1 CC's, fishy folds, I 3 bet, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

River (23BB): 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG check, UTG+1 now leads, UTG jumps up and begins to rant...i KNOW I have him beat, but does it matter?
Old 12-09-2005, 12:31 AM

Default Re: \"You\'re 100 to 1. Save your money.....\"

With no read I just call. People do dumb things on occassion. But yeah, I don't think you are good 4% of the time or whatever, T9 is actually a hand that could be played like this somewhat logically. So could 96.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:39 AM

You know and I know that this is all about being there, and the only reason you're posting this is because you called and he showed you a 9 or you folded and he showed a bluff or 77 or something.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:34 AM

Meh. Big pot big hand don't fold grunt. I think that's ok here. A bet and a raise to you sure, go ahead and fold. But one bet, I dunno it's a pretty big tragedy the one time you fold the winner.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You know and I know that this is all about being there, and the only reason you're posting this is because you called and he showed you a 9 or you folded and he showed a bluff or 77 or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah. If you're going to be tilted by a decent chance of being shown a bluff, call it down. Persuade yourself that it's a 5% chance, in fact if you add the chance that he has bet out there with 77 to the chance of a bluff you have to call.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:25 AM

Call it a leak, but it a pot this big I would have to be confronted with 3 bets cold to think about folding top set on a board this scary.

- Jim
Old 12-09-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not really. i called without thinking because the pot was large. that got me thinking.....
Old 12-09-2005, 11:44 AM

The river is what it is, like Doug said. But any thoughts to calling the flop 3-bet to jam the turn?
Old 12-09-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The river is what it is, like Doug said. But any thoughts to calling the flop 3-bet to jam the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the thought crossed my mind, but then I remembered a post where I flopped top set of JJJ on a totally drawless board and intended to wait until the turn and Worm33 said to pound the flop, as there are lotsa overcards that can come that may freeze the flop bettor. With the draw heavy board, I decided to step on the gas and not let up. IYO is this wrong?
Old 12-09-2005, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the thought crossed my mind, but then I remembered a post where I flopped top set of JJJ on a totally drawless board and intended to wait until the turn and Worm33 said to pound the flop, as there are lotsa overcards that can come that may freeze the flop bettor. With the draw heavy board, I decided to step on the gas and not let up. IYO is this wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

i like your flop play