Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Can I muck it anywhere?

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is awful. If he has a hand we are beating, such as JJ or AK (you said these were pretty likely), we should allow him to bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you then raise the turn? I guess I hate calling down because if you are ahead, you are missing value.

[ QUOTE ]
If your plan to 3-bet and fold the turn UI if he caps seems really bad, considering he sometimes has AQ, and you are giving up half of a pretty good pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a fair point. I have a hard time seeing an oop cap from a TAG, but it's not out of the question, obviously.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Considering the action, you should really put him on all hands that fit his range. Only putting him on hands that justify your decision to 3-bet isn't good for your game.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was putting him on a range based on a combination of his pf and flop action. Again, I don't see a TAG with AA, KK, QQ check-raising the flop like that. Unless this guy is mega-tricky, isn't is pretty standard tag behavior to bet out into the multiway pot after a pf cap? His check-raise smells like he is trying to drive other hands out.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:28 AM

I think he has AA/KK or QQ and is getting FPS-ish. if he's gonna play that like this then I think he could also play AQ, AK, or JJ like this though they are less likely than the percentage of combinations would suggest, IMO.

I don't like pressing the bet/raise button anymore unless we get checked to. Pressing the 'call' button is always fun though.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:29 AM

I think AggroHUSH Poster has warped my fragile little mind. I see TPTK and I start going apeshit. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2005, 11:34 AM

I think our hand is strong enough to showdown, which might also be warped by the 'go to showdown' attitude you need at 10/20...I just think the cold cap OOP is a pretty strong move and limits his hand range a lot
Old 11-16-2005, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think our hand is strong enough to showdown, which might also be warped by the 'go to showdown' attitude you need at 10/20...I just think the cold cap OOP is a pretty strong move and limits his hand range a lot

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's warped, then I have it too. We need to get to SD here, but we really dont want to have to pay and extra BB for it, and we really don't want to get pushed off on the turn, which is what we *ought* to do if capped on the flop.

Think about it: 2 BB to get to showdown, 1BB to FOLD, or 3 BB to get to SD. I think option A is clearly best given his hand range at the moment (TT+, KQs, AQ/AK). I also think it's more like that he keeps firing into our "AK" with TT/JJ if we don't 3bet him, and that is a huge victory for us.