Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-29-2005, 05:12 AM

Default Running bad, playing LAG

OK, I've been running bad (down 5 buy-ins in 2 days) and I want to make sure I'm not tilting or getting too weak.

I've been at this table an hour. For the first forty minutes the table was tight and no fun. Instead of leaving I decided to have some fun. This hand happened 2 hands before the hand I'm asking about.

Hero is button with $120 (100NL table)
Folded to hero with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero makes it $4. SB ($138) makes it $14.50 (he has done this 3 times when I raised from the button when folded to me. Each time I have folded). BB Folds I call.
Flop 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB best $35, I push, SB folds, I show

I have been playing like this for the last 20 minutes, just having fun, trying to loosen up the table. People have been playing back at me occasionaly and I've usually been folding. This is the second time I pushed back at someone and both times I won and showed.

2 hands later.
I am UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I make it $4. Folded to BB ($120, I cover) who has a screen name that OBVIOUSLY makes him 2p2 (involves Enjoy! and Mr. Dikshit), although I don't know who he is. He makes it $11. He has played back at me a couple times and I have folded. I call with position.

Flop 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
He bets $22. I [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2005, 11:36 AM

Default Re: Running bad, playing LAG

I call and evaluate turn. If you raise, he might just jam with air and make you fold. I don't have much experience with creating insanely LAG and maniac images, though.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:46 PM

Didn't do too much to disguise your opponents screenname, ha [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I have 84 hands with him from a couple days ago, he seems pretty solid. I think you should just call the flop, since I don't think he would reraise you with KQ or QJ. I think this is a way ahead/way behind situation.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:49 PM

..Call and see what happens.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:42 PM

Not way ahead way behind at all. This guy, if he's solid, could be semi-bluffing with a flush or straight draw, and if not he's dominated with his queen. I'm raising on the flop here, folding to reraise, and when he checks to me on the turn I'm betting again.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

solid, could be semi-bluffing with a flush or straight draw

I'm raising on the flop here, folding to reraise

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Riposte, don't you think a likely line for him to take with a flush draw will be to 3-bet all in?

Mason55, in these spots I find that your hand is big enough to get it in with assuming laggy image [that is, that opponents are actually noticing your laggy play]. For this reason I would probably raise the flop and call an all in. Maybe I'm a loose calling station idiot though.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

solid, could be semi-bluffing with a flush or straight draw

I'm raising on the flop here, folding to reraise

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Riposte, don't you think a likely line for him to take with a flush draw will be to 3-bet all in?

Mason55, in these spots I find that your hand is big enough to get it in with assuming laggy image [that is, that opponents are actually noticing your laggy play]. For this reason I would probably raise the flop and call an all in. Maybe I'm a loose calling station idiot though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree with this advice. I say just get in there and giver!
Old 10-30-2005, 12:47 AM

I think getting it all in on this flop would be god awful considering preflop action.

Call. Let your position work for you.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you raise, he might just jam with air and make you fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I raise here, it is with the intention of getting it all-in.

In this spot, sometimes I might call, depends on a lot of things, but default is to raise and be happy to get it all in.