Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 01:52 PM

Default Re: 50/100 Boat??

lol, is money ever meanless.

i have almost no time now, but i will pm you and discuss that too, i do that for a specific reason.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:13 PM

dcifrths,

i only have a minute, but i wanted to respond.

1. i advise tighter play then most here, and i believe the advice is often correct. especially at the limits played in the posts. in the big games, i am not nearly as tight, and the games are very aggressive. i adjust to the game, but again, i would not describe my play as tight, where my posts clearly advocate tighter play.

2. there is some animosity, more based on ego and personalities then the amount. if i am close friend with someone, yes, i sometimes think twice, but regret is too strong a word. it is competition. however, in the game north of san diego, wives have closed it down several times, once for months. and the wives have stopped being friends over the game.

3. most are mixed, but a few times a game will become only be nl or pot limit for some peroid, then go return to mixed games. as i said early the huge game is only nl.

have to run.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dcifrths,

i only have a minute, but i wanted to respond.

1. i advise tighter play then most here, and i believe the advice is often correct. especially at the limits played in the posts. in the big games, i am not nearly as tight, and the games are very aggressive. i adjust to the game, but again, i would not describe my play as tight, where my posts clearly advocate tighter play.

2. there is some animosity, more based on ego and personalities then the amount. if i am close friend with someone, yes, i sometimes think twice, but regret is too strong a word. it is competition. however, in the game north of san diego, wives have closed it down several times, once for months. and the wives have stopped being friends over the game.

3. most are mixed, but a few times a game will become only be nl or pot limit for some peroid, then go return to mixed games. as i said early the huge game is only nl.

have to run.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, man.

ive always had respect for your posts but you know ive always thought you were too tight in some spots.

good to know you get in there and spash around a bit (in the colloquial sense) in the bigger games.

i only posted b/c i think its rare to find somebody playing so high and recommending such tight play at far lower stakes games. i know from the relatively small amounts (to you and el d) ive won the concept of money to me has changed a great deal. if i want something, i buy it. if i want to fly somewhere to see someobody it doesn't matter...the hardest thing for me will be going to a working life starting next summer. once i make that transition i think it'll be the best for me and my life as poker isn't something i see myself doing for a living...just not in me....so the point: how do you deal with the money moved around. im sure the relative amounts mean more to you at that time than they do to your opponents. but in your day to day life, those relatively small amounts can buy cars, houses...countries [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ... how can you play low limit poker so tightly after that? or operate daily? do you find it hard?

anyways, thanks for your thoughts and keep posting..and i'll keep callin you too tight [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

feel free to chime in w/ your respective answers, el D. much obliged.

Barron
Old 10-08-2005, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
these are probably some of the best games int he country

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't even find a game around boston bigger than 2/4NL. Where the eff do you people find these games?

[/ QUOTE ]

there are bigger games around boston (50-100 lim, 100-200 lim, 5-5 nl...)
Old 10-08-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Results?

not sure if they were posted and I missed the, but im really curious to see if you called (I hope you did) and what he had.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:24 PM

Default BOSTON games

Where in boston are there bigger games? mind sending me a pm?