Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 04:40 AM

Default Standard w/ 66?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: lil feller is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $17.50 (All-In), <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, lil feller calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (8.83 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">lil feller 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7.91 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">lil feller bets</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (9.91 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">lil feller bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 11.91 BB

Obviously PF and the flop are what im interested in. Any comments?

lf
Old 09-22-2005, 06:18 AM

Default Re: Standard w/ 66?

Preflop is OK, though I don't like the fact that one guy is all in.

On the flop, it appears likely that MP3 has a low to middle pocket pair because he called 2 cold preflop and raised on a garbage flop. It's impossible to say what his largest pair might be because you don't provide any stats or reads. Of course, he may also have a 7.

MP2's hand is unknown yet because all he did was raise preflop and follow through on the flop. He could have a pair or overcards. Again, stats here would be helpful.

Your correct action here depends very much on whether MP3 would call 2 cold with 33 and whether he would call 2 cold or 3-bet with 99. But given that you're up against 2 folks and are only competing for the side pot (i.e., there's a guy in there who's staying to the river), my guess is that your 3-bet is -EV.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is OK, though I don't like the fact that one guy is all in.

On the flop, it appears likely that MP3 has a low to middle pocket pair because he called 2 cold preflop and raised on a garbage flop. It's impossible to say what his largest pair might be because you don't provide any stats or reads. Of course, he may also have a 7.

MP2's hand is unknown yet because all he did was raise preflop and follow through on the flop. He could have a pair or overcards. Again, stats here would be helpful.

Your correct action here depends very much on whether MP3 would call 2 cold with 33 and whether he would call 2 cold or 3-bet with 99. But given that you're up against 2 folks and are only competing for the side pot (i.e., there's a guy in there who's staying to the river), my guess is that your 3-bet is -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have included PT stats. The first coldcaller could have anything from KJ to a club draw, to anything else. He was pretty laggy. PFR was 24/15/1.2 and would bet any 2 here. Does that change your opinon, or do you think this is still a fold?

lf
Old 09-22-2005, 03:32 PM

hmmmm...the preflop call I like against the right kind of players (mostly players that I know suck postflop)...the flop raise is tricky good but also could be a big chip spew move....its definitely raise or fold there.

my question for you is: whats your plan if you don't hit the 6 on the turn? do you check behind and call the river for any card? or do you keep firing away? how does your answer change if MP2 didn't oblige and fold the flop? the answers to these questions I think are difficult and also why I try to avoid the scenario altogether most times.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hmmmm...the preflop call I like against the right kind of players (mostly players that I know suck postflop)...

[/ QUOTE ]

Conditions satisfied, at least that was my impression. The coldcaller was pretty laggy, MP2 was a standard 22/9/1.1 or so

[ QUOTE ]
the flop raise is tricky good but also could be a big chip spew move....its definitely raise or fold there.

my question for you is: whats your plan if you don't hit the 6 on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends, as you noted, if MP2 calls or not. If he calls I have to give him credit for a pair, and I check behind the turn or fold if bet into. Essentialy i'm done if he calls. If he folds, I bet any turn card, folding to a c/r. If the turn goes check/call, im checking the river unimproved.

I think with 66 here checking the turn would be bad. Obviously i'm not getting a club draw out, but I might get aggressively played overs w/out a club draw to fold 10 outs when they think they have 3.

Thoughts?

lf
Old 09-22-2005, 05:08 PM

may have to think some more but I think I like the play...and I think you're right about betting the turn and folding to a check raise.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:56 PM

You're a better man than I. When the results turn out well, I don't question my play. Those hands just don't weigh on my mind. I make enough mistakes on hands I lose to keep me busy thinking.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:23 AM

Default Results

only cuz when others don't post them it irks me.

Villian had T9 of clubs, and paid me off on the river w/ 2 pair.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously PF and the flop are what im interested in. Any comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like, if you're going to play it, that's the only way. I don't think there's a clear cut answer pf there. Many will probably say it's an easy call.