Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 09-20-2005, 10:09 AM

Default NL25 party; all-in flop semi-bluff w OESD

Still finding my feet in NL, was hoping I could get some feedback on this flop play. Hand history is on another computer; here's how it went down roughly.

NOTE: I am aware that my pre-flop play was sub-standard.

Full-ring party 25NL. Very early, no reads. Both villains have me covered.

I'm in SB w T9s; EP raises to $1 big blind; MP calls. I raise to $3 trying to steal. Call, call.

Flop is 875 rainbow. I go all-in, roughly $25.

OK semi-bluff? Is it credible? Does the multi-way pot make me too vulnerable to a pocket pair 77 or better?

Thanks
Old 09-20-2005, 10:13 AM

Default Re: NL25 party; all-in flop semi-bluff w OESD

Im calling you with any pair over 55 on this flop if you open push. Restealing with a speculative hand in the small blind is retarded, to be frank. You will often isolate yourself with the preflop raiser (who actually has a hand) and then be screwed trying to bluff postflop. I would have check raised all in on this flop personally; makes your hand look stronger, gets money in the pot from AK/AQ if you check to PFR, and if he checks it through, all the better, take the free card and come out firing on a blank turn

[ QUOTE ]
Still finding my feet in NL, was hoping I could get some feedback on this flop play. Hand history is on another computer; here's how it went down roughly.

NOTE: I am aware that my pre-flop play was sub-standard.

Full-ring party 25NL. Very early, no reads. Both villains have me covered.

I'm in SB w T9s; EP raises to $1 big blind; MP calls. I raise to $3 trying to steal. Call, call.

Flop is 875 rainbow. I go all-in, roughly $25.

OK semi-bluff? Is it credible? Does the multi-way pot make me too vulnerable to a pocket pair 77 or better?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-20-2005, 11:13 AM

Open pushing all in is a poor idea. Check raising all in is a much better idea. It puts some dead money in the pot. While I do not re-raise with T9s, calling to defend my blind I find acceptable.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:37 PM

If you want to steal (which is quite questionable in itself), pop it to 5. Popping to 3 is just begging to get called preflop.

At 25NL, semi-bluffs do not work. Sorry. They might work out once in a while (i.e. you have a reliable read), but the sad truth is, there is no EV at 25NL in semi-bluffs. I've tried it over and over...

You're pushing 25 to win 9. You will only get called by hands you beat. Now, with a semi-bluff, you're hoping some of these hands that beat you will still fold. 25NL ? They won't. I hope it worked out for you though.