Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2005, 02:38 PM

Default AA in BB against short stack

Party 15/30

UTG is down to about 4 big bets. I find myself in the BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG raises and it's folded to me. I just call.

Flop comes 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], I check, utg bets, I raise, he calls.

Turn is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], I bet he calls.

River is J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], I bet and utg calls all-in.

Is there a better line for getting the short stack all-in in a situation like this? How terrible is not 3 betting pf? Should I have check called the flop and cr'ed the turn?
Old 09-18-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: AA in BB against short stack

Who do I have to fist around here to get people to respond to my hand posts?
Old 09-18-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who do I have to fist around here to get people to respond to my hand posts?

[/ QUOTE ]your hands are reallyreally boring.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:51 PM

Then how about a "this looks standard" or even a "this hand is boring, why did you post it?". All the well known posters have posted hands which are uninteresting, and they always get tons of replies instantly. Oh, I get it. Maybe I should mold my posts into cute little stories or name them something like "superinterestingsexyturndecision". Better yet, instead of 15/30 or 20/40 I'll start saying the hands I play are 100/200. Or maybe I'll start posting every single hand I play and let you decide which ones are interesting. I apologize if I've interrupted the bicyclekick/DcfrThs show.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:19 AM

1. This hand is rather boring [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
2. You are lucky that the guy with no money left is putting it in when you have Aces.
3. It doesn't really matter where he puts his money in. When players get low and they've put money in on the hand they will lose any sense of skill they might have and just keep putting their money in. So it doesn't matter whether you succeed in a check-raise or not, on a tame board like this you're almost certainly both going to the river anyway, all-in at the turn or not.

PS don't mess with long-established cliques. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

edit: raise preflop
Old 09-19-2005, 06:33 AM

HEY GUYS TIME TO THROW INFERNO INTO THE DUMPSTER AGAIN AND THEN GO DRINK AT THE OLD MILL!! WOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 09-19-2005, 06:59 AM

I think you played it perfectly.

I don't like checkraising the turn. Too easy for him to check behind.

I do like flat calling preflop and checkraising the flop as you did. The PFR never checks behind heads up on the flop.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:32 AM

when you reraise him preflop you are literally tying him in to the hand, come hell or high water.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I apologize if I've interrupted the bicyclekick/DcfrThs show.

[/ QUOTE ]

Better be.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party 15/30

UTG is down to about 4 big bets. I find myself in the BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG raises and it's folded to me. I just call.

Flop comes 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], I check, utg bets, I raise, he calls.

Turn is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], I bet he calls.

River is J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], I bet and utg calls all-in.

Is there a better line for getting the short stack all-in in a situation like this? How terrible is not 3 betting pf? Should I have check called the flop and cr'ed the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Giving action on early streets is the best method of getting people all in. They'll typically not mind capping the flop just to get it overwith if they feel like they have any semblance of a draw, whereas if you wait til the turn or river, some donks will check behind or even fold.
-James

EDIT: Get your panties out of a bunch. Coming across as a whiny little bitch isn't going to get anyone to respond to you, and now I kind of wish I hadn't.