Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 12:26 AM

Default Re: What\'s the dumbest thing you have ever done that involves injury?

My only real injury is rather tame. When I was 10 or so I was having a Bike race with an older friend. I come flying around the corner of a narrow street only to see a parked car on the side of the road. It was an old truck with one of those metal bumpers and my left leg got stuck into the bumper. I pulled it out and ended up walking home with blood just covering my leg and leaving a pool in of it in my shoe. I never ended up going to the hospital, I convinced the babysitter I didnt need medical attention. Still have a scar on my leg, although its much less noticable then it used to be.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:27 AM

Slid head first into someone show playing Baseball, twice. Broken bone both times.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:34 AM

Went with my wife on a hike up to a waterfall on Koh Samui island in Thailand. We get to the base of the waterfall and see that you can get to the top by climbing up a harmless looking boulder formation. My wife says 'no thanks', I take it up alone. Getting up is a little slippery but no real challenge. I take some pictures, put my camera around my neck, and begin to scale down. Somehow, getting down, the rock seems a bit more slippery, and I decide to scooch down on my butt.

Next thing I know, I've lost all traction, and am flying down the boulder like a giant slide. At the bottom, I launched off the end and slammed into another rock.

The camera was demolished, but likely absorbed just enough of the impact to save my life. I escaped with bruises and injured pride.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:53 AM

When I was like 7 my parents left me alone in the basement for a while with some wood and a hammer.

I started hammering the [censored] out of this piece of wood, without nails or anything.

I was sitting on my knees, pounding the wood (like a hammer) in front of me. I got a little too excited, swung back too far, and spiked myself in the head with the pointy end of the hammer. Blood, ER, etc...

I didn't even need stitches, though.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:18 AM

that is not something clever
Old 09-20-2005, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a SIIMP story...

When I was about 10 or 11 years old I was walking home from school. It was the middle of winter and there'd been freezing rain recently and the roads were covered in ice. I was chatting with a friend of mine as I was walking home, and I was walking backwards so that I'd face him as I'm talking. Suddenly I tripped over a chunk of ice that was sitting on the road, and landed square on my tailbone on *another* chunk of ice -- this one much more pointy. The pain was excruciating. My idiot "friend" just laughed at me and walked home. I managed to hobble home on my own.

Later than night, the pain had gotten to be intolerable. I was getting desperate, so I started looking through the medicine cabinet for something to help the pain. I see some "Absorbine Jr." and see on the label that it "Reduces aches and pains". I figured this was the stuff for me.

In my infinite wisdom I decide to rub some of this onto my tailbone. For those of you who don't know, Absorbine Jr. is a liquid that comes in a soft plastic bottle that has a sponge-like applicator. You rub the sponge on the affected muscle while applying pressure and squeezing the bottle, and the liquid is released onto your skin. Absorbine Jr. is basically pure rubbing alcohol -- if you apply it to an open wound, or get any near your eyes, it stings like hell.

Anyway, I twist my arm around my body, place the bottle next to my tailbone, squeeze the bottle and press down *way too hard* on the applicator. The liquid comes gushing out of the bottle, runs over my tailbone, runs between my ass cheeks, and goes directly into my pooper. It felt like somebody had taken a red hot poker, shoved it in my ass, and then twisted it. Only worse.

I was trying not to scream in pain in the washroom, because I didn't want my parents to force their way in and find me standing there naked, tears running down my cheeks, with Absorbine Jr. in my bum.

I finally got the pain to subside a little by getting up on the bathroom counter, lying face down over the sink with my butt facing the tap. I turned the tap on and gave myself an enema until the pain subsided.

Since that day, my pooper has been strictly an "exit only" orifice.

[/ QUOTE ]

A-, only because you probably liked it
Old 09-20-2005, 10:27 AM

I too did this, but was so young I can't really remember the pair so much. My mom has interesting pictures of my head with two stripes hairless though.

My best was only a few years ago. Sophomore year of college, morning of the OSU-Michigan game. Thoroughly tanked. At this point, I had not slept since Wednesday night and almost all of it remains a drunken blurr. I cant even remember jumping into mirror lake, an OSU tradition, despite it being only 28 degrees and a thin layer of ice being broken on the jump in. I also lost the truck that took us there, so I stumbled home in only my whity-tightys in the cold. Bad move number one. Game day drinking and my buddy who claims to have invented the bush dive game, where you drunkenly see if the nearest bush is strong enough to support you, dares me to try a monster near our house. Needless to say, the doctor stitching the inch hole in my right ass cheak during kickoff made me quite upset.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I too did this, but was so young I can't really remember the pair so much. My mom has interesting pictures of my head with two stripes hairless though.

My best was only a few years ago. Sophomore year of college, morning of the OSU-Michigan game. Thoroughly tanked. At this point, I had not slept since Wednesday night and almost all of it remains a drunken blurr. I cant even remember jumping into mirror lake, an OSU tradition, despite it being only 28 degrees and a thin layer of ice being broken on the jump in. I also lost the truck that took us there, so I stumbled home in only my whity-tightys in the cold. Bad move number one. Game day drinking and my buddy who claims to have invented the bush dive game, where you drunkenly see if the nearest bush is strong enough to support you, dares me to try a monster near our house. Needless to say, the doctor stitching the inch hole in my right ass cheak during kickoff made me quite upset.

[/ QUOTE ]

fairly stupid story, but bonus points for being an OSU fan.

B

PS O-H...
Old 09-20-2005, 10:33 AM

Drunk in Gran Canaria hotel with football team. Leave hotel bar to go to nightclub. Hotel has reveloving doors.

Naturally we get the revolving doors to go really fast then run through.

I ran with arm extended. Misjudge rate of door spin.

Emerge other side with forearm at right angles, hanging limply. Don't actually notice myself but horrified friends draw attention to fact that only flesh is holding arm together. Look down. Cue agonising pain and screaming.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Drunk in Gran Canaria hotel with football team. Leave hotel bar to go to nightclub. Hotel has reveloving doors.

Naturally we get the revolving doors to go really fast then run through.

I ran with arm extended. Misjudge rate of door spin.

Emerge other side with forearm at right angles, hanging limply. Don't actually notice myself but horrified friends draw attention to fact that only flesh is holding arm together. Look down. Cue agonising pain and screaming.

[/ QUOTE ]

A, this is awesome. I always wanted to see this happen to someone.