Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Good squeeze or blatant spewery?

I do this play with AA and KK because I know someone will call.

The only hands he folds to your push is AK (which u have beat) and TT (if he is someone who would call a large raise with 1010)

Im giving you about a 85% chance of getting stacked here.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:46 PM

I like this more if you're the first limper instead of the button. If villain is decent, I don't think he'll believe that you have AA or KK. I mean, who would go for a limp-reraise with a premium pair on the button with 4 limpers to him? Your flop bet is a must.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:56 PM

This is similar to a hand i played at turning stone live. I wonder what you guys think of that. I am hero utg w/ about 120. Girl to my left and LP villain both have me coverd.

I limp UTG w/ 22, girl to my left, very passive and weak calls, 2 more limpers, someone in LP who is a solid textbook player, who I feel comfortable bossing around raises to 12ish. I limp raise to 35-45. Passive girl calls. Flop comes 355. I pot commit myself, leaving about 20 behind (betting about 50-60 in a pot of 90). Passive girl calls. Other guy folds. Turn I have 20 left. I obviously do not have the best hand. Do I just push the rest in or check/call it down? Is this a good play? I was attempting to pull a play on the LP raiser, and when the girl came along I felt like I was in trouble, then I hit a pretty good flop. So i decided to continue with selling my bluff.