Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 08-27-2005, 08:30 AM

Default Re: Its Good to be the Blind

[ QUOTE ]
how aggressive are SB/UTG? the reason i ask is if you check, yes you're inciting bluffs, but if it is 2 back to you, you could very well be folding the best hand (if you decide to fold).

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't have a read on them, I think this was my second orbit around. I usually assume the old "loose/passive" and adjust accordingly. They weren't frisky at all up to this point.

Joe
Old 08-27-2005, 08:32 AM

Default Re: Its Good to be the Blind

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think they will call with their UI Ace high?

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe it or not, they will call with their K high in these games! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Joe
Old 08-27-2005, 08:35 AM

Default Results

I'll post the results.

I bet the river and they folded.

I've been making this bet in the river more frequently it seems, thinking they have busted draws. Guess I was right this time. I posted this hand because I was wondering if anyone else was betting the river in these spots.

IMO, this was a value bet, but an EXTREMELY THIN value bet. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks to everyone for the responses.

Joe
Old 08-27-2005, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
I'll post the results.

I bet the river and they folded.

I've been making this bet in the river more frequently it seems, thinking they have busted draws. Guess I was right this time. I posted this hand because I was wondering if anyone else was betting the river in these spots.

IMO, this was a value bet, but an EXTREMELY THIN value bet. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks to everyone for the responses.

Joe

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting to make busted draws fold is idiotic. You are beating busted draws anyway. If you want to bet to make people fold, you want higher pairs to fold, not busted draws.

Conversely, you want busted draws to bet as a bluff, so I still think checking was the correct play.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
Betting to make busted draws fold is idiotic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually not betting to make them fold, I'm betting because I think there's a chance they might actually call.

I've noticed that many people will call the river on a board like this with A high. I've even bet A high in the river and been called by K high or less in some instances. Many people will call "just to see what I have".

I was just curious to see if anyone else had done this in the past. I agree that my 4th pair is not the best of hands, and a free showdown would be great. I also agree that it is very unlikely that anyone will fold a Q or an 8 in this spot. My point was that many players at these limits will call with A high, thus I get to extract 1 more BB from them.

Joe