Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2005, 10:49 PM

Default bottom two from sb , drawy board

Bottom two is tricky to play postflop imo. I might have gotten this right, but I feel unsure about how to play these situations.

NL Hold'em $100 Buy-in + $9 Entry Fee Level:1 Blinds(10/15)
Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: lotsamula ( $1205 )
Seat 2: ringo777 ( $975 )
Seat 3: g356spdmt ( $970 )
Seat 4: Outaouais ( $1115 )
Seat 5: yggse408 ( $985 )
Seat 6: Lifelesss ( $955 )
Seat 7: LooneyPlayer ( $1025 )
Seat 8: waddell07 ( $930 )
Seat 9: Capitalwon ( $855 )
Seat 10: Paulyb2 ( $985 )
Trny:12247520 Level:1
Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to yggse408 [ 3s 6d ]
LooneyPlayer calls [15].
waddell07 folds.
Capitalwon folds.
Paulyb2 folds.
lotsamula folds.
ringo777 folds.
g356spdmt calls [15].
Outaouais calls [15].
yggse408 calls [5].
Lifelesss checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ Th, 6h, 3c ]
>You have options at Table 12506 Table!.
yggse408 bets [70]. <<?
Lifelesss calls [70].
LooneyPlayer folds.
g356spdmt is disconnected. We will wait for g356spdmt to reconnect for a maximum of 14 seconds.
g356spdmt calls [70].
Outaouais folds.
** Dealing Turn ** [ 4c ]
yggse408 checks. <<???
Lifelesss bets [80].
g356spdmt calls [80].
>You have options at Table 11043 Table!.
yggse408 calls [80].
** Dealing River ** [ Ks ]
yggse408 checks. <<???

Comments on all streets appreciated.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:16 PM

Default Re: bottom two from sb , drawy board

Bottom's can understandably be difficult -- all the more reason to be done with the hand.

The pot size bet on the flop is about right. You didn't get much info though. A club draw? Couple overs? You'd think that A10/K10 would have raised you.

On the turn though, I would drop the hammer. Big enough to make it an easy fold for the now 2 flush draws. If a 'made' hand is your biggest concern then all the more reason. Assuming someone has a piece, picking up a second pair on the river (or the flush!) has to be worrysome.

The river card really isn't that scary. Are they holding Kx? Can't imagine someone still sleeping on a set with 2 flush draws on board. I would certainly put out a sizable value bet here -- HOPING, someone picked up the K.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:32 PM

Maybe I should have put my reasoning in the OP.

On the flop, there are just too many cards I'm scared off, and I need some info, so I bet out.

On the turn, I'm hoping to keep the pot small, and I feel I may well be raised out if I bet out again. I feel a worse hand may well raise, and I'd have to fold.

On the river, I'm putting them on draws that seems to have missed, so I check since I don't think I'll get much action unless beat, hoping to get a bet from a busted ace high or a king.

Again, I'm really not confident about this, so please point out where I've erred in my thinking.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:55 PM

T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]...4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Still 3 handed.
Pot T275

I'm still thinking I have the best hand.
Again, an over+10 is probably not going to just call the flop with the draw on board (if there is one you'll find out in a second.....).
A set would would have raised for the same reason.
Most likely both are drawing, or one has overcards to the board.
'most likely' the only hand you could possibly be behind now would be BB's newly found straight.

IMO you have to bet strong on the turn. T300 will tell you all you need to know - even with a call when the river card comes. If you get reraised...sure, let it go (set,straight possible). But if you get called you can all but eliminate those hands. A simple call here confirms they are drawing (or have a 'small' piece of the board (we've already eliminated the A10).

The K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is a great card for you.

If you bet the turn - and only get called, there is no way you are facing a set or straight on the river. You DO have the best hand. Bet it appropriately. You showed strength on the turn and there is now at least T800 in the pot (with a caller). Value bet T300-400 here, and pray someone found their K. A check on your part could also be interpreted as a missed flush (from an aggressive player that likes to bet his draw).

Your check, followed by someone putting you all-in, will change your 'I KNOW I have the best hand' to '[censored], I THOUGHT I had the best hand'.

All hypothetical of course.....I'd be willing to bet your pot+ bet on the turn would send them all packing.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:27 AM

Like blue feet said...on the turn you need to slam these guys. The 4 is not a scare card. They would have to have a gut shot and you bet the pot. The only thing someone could have would be Lifeless from the BB with 10 4 and if he has 10 4 then too bad hahha. I either move in on the turn or I bet the pot again. If I am raised all in, when I bet the pot I call.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:54 AM

So you'd call a push on the turn?
Old 05-16-2005, 05:02 AM

I think its a lost cause. I dont think you bet enough on the flop. Hmmm...Damn thats tough. I think checking the turn was best with that many callers after you bet so little on the flop.

If you bet 100+ on flop then 200+ on turn you would have to call an all in, IMO.

But since you didnt you can easily get away from a push on the river.

-Zebra

PS: I think lifeless hit something big or he wouldnt be baiting the rest. He is too good to bet 80 into a large pot for no reason what so ever.