Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: In Which EdFish Comes up for Air in NYC

[ QUOTE ]
You chumps are lucky I was in CA. I would have pwned this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can still pwn it (and me... I'll donate to the cause!)this comming saturday mate, its never the same without you spewing on the table. Hope to see you come by again soon... I'm dying to hear the LA tales!

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2005, 03:08 PM

Great post Ed!

I had read about this game the previous week, and decided to take some 1/2 profit from the evening and donate. As this was my first trip into the pink waters, I had already resigned myself to being on the short end of things (I know, bad, bad of myself).

I must say, I had more fun loosing a rack while cold decked in this game then I had in either of my 1/2 sessions that day (both of which were $300 profits).

I had a wonderful time meeting you, TT, GreywolfNYC, and NJChick.

Let's see. Some of my thoughts and observations on this "trip."

There was a reason we had to use purple chips, as well as pink and orange. TT was busy playing Sim City! He kept showing down one winner after another and had a pyramid nearly as big as he had at the Taj.

Ed really did raise nearly every hand. Unfortunately, the only one I got to the river on, he really had a hand!

The "Live One" was a riot. He just couldn't get the best of NJChick. Even when he "knew he was best" he couldn't.

If being a Nit is sitting there, quietly plug away, and build up a stack, I hope to be one soon. GreywolfNYC did a good job of it.

I can't wait to sit back down in this game. I guess it's time to start rebuilding for the next one.

Gandor
Old 03-22-2005, 03:15 PM

It was great meeting you too, Gandor. Don't be a stranger, okay?
Old 03-22-2005, 03:22 PM

good playing with you dude. maybe one day we'll be in an nl game together and you'll see how my donking works there [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There was a reason we had to use purple chips, as well as pink and orange. TT was busy playing Sim City! He kept showing down one winner after another and had a pyramid nearly as big as he had at the Taj.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been too lasy to post this, I guess this is about as good a time as any. This is what Gandolf was talking about at the Taj. Not quite as big as Evan's chip stak of lore... but it was taller than my forehead:

All night long I was waiting for "The Live One" and NJChick to get a room. The back and forth rivaly (which TLO could never win against) was hysterical!

Interesting point about being a nit... we are of course all joking about that, plaing a tight ABC game is wise. VERY wise. But keep in mind we are there to have fun as well as win because its so rare that most of us get to lag it up in real life. But then again thats why GreyWolf did the best last week, his game was tighter than the rest of us.

PS: hope you get to use your trout more often with us!

Old 03-22-2005, 06:16 PM

Nice to meet you Gandor.

Let's play again soon.

NJC ( the one who beat TLO into submission )
Old 03-22-2005, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can attest that you look about as lollipop gay as they come.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh snap!

GoT
Old 03-22-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh snap!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya missed it when we all met at the Mirage. Felicia's introduction to me went something like this...

"Hi TT, nice to finally meet you. Your look so gay!"

Its been a running joke ever since... ya gotta love her, she always says whats on her mind.

Old 03-22-2005, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've been too lasy to post this, I guess this is about as good a time as any. This is what Gandolf was talking about at the Taj. Not quite as big as Evan's chip stak of lore... but it was taller than my forehead:

[/ QUOTE ]

What he doesn't tell you is that was his buy-in. That photo was taken before he played a single hand. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2005, 01:03 AM

pink chips <font color="pink"> </font> <font color="black"> </font> have been rush-ordered. The game is on for Saturday and next Wednesday. Remember: it starts with you 2+2 regulars, and grows from there.
Personally, I refuse to donate any longer and am bringing my A game from now on. I almost folded a straight last time when the board paired on the river (was it NJchick?). No more almosts.
Thanks to TT and all for pushing this game.