Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2005, 08:32 PM

Default pokertracker for SNG

Does anyone use pokertracker for their SNG? And if so what screens are most useful? I keep track of my tournaments in excel, so that part isn't useful to me, but do you use it to see which hands/positions are your leaks? If so how? Do you use it to track opponents? If so how often do you see the same opponents?
Old 02-19-2005, 10:34 PM

Default Re: pokertracker for SNG

I use pokertracker to keep track of my money.... I haven't found it all that useful for SNG, but since I have it for rings games I use it. The Spreadsheet is much better for tracking the money though.

I have never faced a player in more than 3 touraments. I play at the 10+1 levels...
Old 02-19-2005, 10:53 PM

it is minimumly useful for sngs. I've played over 1500 sngs but play is so level/opponent/# of opponent dependent that i doubt i could plug any leaks with the data. surprisingly, the most i've ever played an opponent is 10-12 times so not useful for assessing opponents either.
but it is invaluable for ring games.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:18 AM

Pokertracker often is not all that useful for SNGs BUT if you can get it to give you data during a game, it can prove VERY valuable. Or even if you have limited data on an opponent from previous matchups, as little as 20-30 hands, it can prove quite handy.

Depending on where you play, try to get the Tourney Time stats to load on your opponents. Then, during the game, if you can, load additional info on them. (This is very site dependent. You figure it out.) Take a look at how frequently they play, what hands, do they checkraise, aggression factors, etc. Find the right key to some players, and that tough nut just cracks open.

Outside of live stats, using the replay of tourneys or key hands can sometimes be enlightening, especially when you see opponents cards from the beginning of a hand. Surprisingly, the game looks much different when you can see it develop from that perspective. Try replaying a tourney or two with known hole cards revealed. You'll learn a lot about your opponents and your own play.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:38 AM

I personally find it _very_ useful for SNG recordkeeping and training.

You do need to import the sng tournament summaries, but that is no big hassle.
The replayer is a fine tool. Every time I bust out on the bubble, or drop off the chip lead or do some other stupid thing, I can replay the hands and see _exactly_ where I screwed up, etc.

Peace
Old 02-20-2005, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Every time I bust out on the bubble, or drop off the chip lead or do some other stupid thing, I can replay the hands and see _exactly_ where I screwed up, etc.

Peace

[/ QUOTE ]

How? Because the result was bad?

eastbay
Old 02-20-2005, 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but do you use it to see which hands/positions are your leaks?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. i usually look at my big pots both won and lost to see how much short term luck is playing a part (either positively or negatively) and how much of my winning/losing is due to my play.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

How? Because the result was bad?

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

Not always. If I pushed in a good situation and got beat, I don't count that as bad play.

Personal Bad Play Examples are:

raising into a micro stack with a mediocre holding on the bubble, when he'll be all in in the next blind and I'm in second chip position.

Calling an all-in raise on the bubble with KQs that can put me out, when I have plenty of chips to last a while.

Failing to follow through on a preflop raise.

Playing a weak hand out of position.

Leaking chips until I have no folding equity. This is usually caused by boredom after folding 22 or 25 hands in a row.

Snapping all in with 99 in level 3.

Bad luck is bad luck. Bad play is bad play. It's usually not hard to spot where I went wrong. And it's usually several hands _before_ I get busted out.

Later,
TRB