Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 02-10-2005, 11:15 AM

Default Re: KQo in the SB, overplayed?

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is the perfect spot for a turn check-raise semi-bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds like a good plan...but I'm not sure if it sounds good only because I know he had AK [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I do think that is better than betting the turn...I have to call a 3-bet which would suck, but given the action and my draw i think im in good shape.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:26 AM

A turn check/raise would have certainly gotten me to lay down 66-99, which I would value bet if checked to and MAY call the flop with. But I would have called with AT-AK, with likely 7-outs for AK or AQ.

Also, I bet AK if checked to on the turn.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in a full ring game i would not 3-bet this preflop though and i won't always 3-bet this in a 6 handed game either.

[/ QUOTE ]
CDC,

I think you underestimate the size of my range of raising hands here. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] But seriously I thought, as I told Scott, that it was a good 3-bet. I'm glad he posted his angle of the hand because it has me rethinking what I should/should not be reraising in similar situations. Would it change your opinion at all if he noted in the post that both the BB and button were fairly tight and that I had been trying to isolate MP3 fairly often?

Am I correct in assuming that you would 3-bet this from the button?

I'm also curious why you feel it is different for a full ring game vs. 6-handed. Essentially it's five handed either way after it's folded to MP3. If it were a 6-max table then I would expect the aggression level to be generally higher but otherwise I don't really see a difference.

Chief
Old 02-10-2005, 12:53 PM

i wasn't there so i can't comment on any table conditions. the term "trying to isolate weak limpers fairly often" is a vague term and can be somewhat misleading.

and yes, i'd prefer to 3-bet this on the button as opposed to from the sb. and no, i will not always 3-bet this on the button anyways because it has to be evidently clear to me that you are raising light here a great amount of times. 3-betting with a dominated hand is a easy way to lose a lot of chips especially when you don't have to.

also there is indeed a difference between full ring and 6-max, especially when it concerns the blinds.

chris
Old 02-10-2005, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also there is indeed a difference between full ring and 6-max, especially when it concerns the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]
I realized what you meant after I asked. I was just thinking in terms of one hand and not overall.

Thanks for the response.