Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2005, 12:10 PM

Default In a downswing...or do I just suck?

I won't bore you with a bunch of PT stats from my admittedly small sample, but over the last 20K hands at 2/4, I'm getting smacked around like crazy.

While I certainly don't have a matador-like God complex, I do believe I'm well above average for this game. I do think I'm calling down too many turn rasies with top pair when it's obvious some momo just hit his 3-outer on me. I know, post some hands, and I will...

But in the meantime, my W$WSF over this stretch is 28.5%, which seems low, with a VPIP of 17.6%, but maybe not. I guess I'm hoping it's a bad run of cards that's sinking me, and not my suckitude [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2005, 12:31 PM

Default Re: In a downswing...or do I just suck?

Yeah... u probably just suck... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I know some players that didn't start beating 2/4 until past 20k hands. It's a little different game than 1/2.

It could also be a bad run. Bad runs happen and can be sustained over 20k hands.

It could also be bad play. Post some hands.

Your W$SD is low (< 1/2 what it should be). This could very well be an indication that you are calling down way too much , or that you've just been getting more than your share of beats (which happens).

You have a low VPIP... That's about where mine was for 2/4.

You obviously don't have nearly enough information to expect any decent trouble shooting advice. Look through your PT db ... Sort by BB/hand... look at your worst 5-10 hands and search the forums for those hands to get a good idea how others are playing it at 2/4. If your's looks similar, but still have doubt... post it.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:37 PM

VPIP % looks good, how's your PF raise and agression looking? I would w/ 8% PFR and 2+ PF agression you'd be golden. I also think your low showdown percentage winrate is way too low, maybe you're overplaying AJ-AK? I think the key to $2/4 is showing down with very strong hands, TPSK in a short-handed pot or 2-pair or better multiway.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I won't bore you with a bunch of PT stats from my admittedly small sample, but over the last 20K hands at 2/4, I'm getting smacked around like crazy.

While I certainly don't have a matador-like God complex, I do believe I'm well above average for this game. I do think I'm calling down too many turn rasies with top pair when it's obvious some momo just hit his 3-outer on me. I know, post some hands, and I will...

But in the meantime, my W$WSF over this stretch is 28.5%, which seems low, with a VPIP of 17.6%, but maybe not. I guess I'm hoping it's a bad run of cards that's sinking me, and not my suckitude [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost exact same situation for me with half the hands. After first 10,000 I am at 1.2 BB/100. All this has come in moderate swings: 150 BB up to start, 100BB downswing, 250BB upswing, 100 BB downswing.

I am calling down too much as well (mumbling to myself something about pot being to big to fold... much of the time it isn't).

Also I have bee pushing middle pair too much (inappropriately) (Here I usually mumble how can he call me down with top pair no kicker..lol).

Also all the usual culprits busted draws, mediocre cards, devastating suck-outs wah, wah, wah.

But what it comes down to is my game needs work.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But in the meantime, my W$WSF over this stretch is 28.5%, which seems low, with a VPIP of 17.6%, but maybe not.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry for the confusuion, 28.5 is won when seeing the FLOP, not my showdown win percentage...which is 50.1%

My PFR is 8.65% and postflop aggression is 2.15, nothing too out of line...maybe I need to stop check/folding sets on the flop [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]