Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 12-26-2005, 09:45 PM

Default \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (12/26-30) (LA Poker Scene Shows)

The thread this week is scheduled to be a rebroadcast of 10 "LA Poker Scene" programs for UK's The Poker Channel. They do is take a L@TB show, edit out the boring parts, and add in new commentary to create a 90 minute programme. There was supposed to be a schedule on their website, but it hasn't turned up yet, maybe it'll be included later to let people know what's being shown. But as usual, www.liveatthebike.com from 6-9pm PT (and thoughout the next day) will be the place to see what was once live poker action.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:26 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (12/26-30) (LA Poker Scene Show

The instructions Bart gives on how to play hold'em sound almost identical to the video played on Celebrity Poker Showdown.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (12/26-30) (LA Poker Scene Show

[ QUOTE ]
The instructions Bart gives on how to play hold'em sound almost identical to the video played on Celebrity Poker Showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I don't get is why the need to describe how the game is played on the POKER channel.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:44 PM

I guess because not every man, woman, and child on the face of the planet + all organisms living in outer space knows how to play no-limit texas hold'em yet.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:37 AM

I understand that, but the show is airing on the Poker Channel. I'd have to assume if you're tuning in to that channel, I'd think it would be same to assume that at least they know how the game is played.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:03 AM

On the website, exactly what do you enter and/or click on to watch the broadcast? I keep getting the intro which must be about 15 minutes long and I've heard it a dozen times already, thank you. Ya, he got the miracle four. Ya, one sister wants to go home and the other wants to stay, ya.

Some days I get the webcast, and some days I just get the intro.

Now that I spent 15 minutes unsuccesfully trying to get to the webcast and now it's over, at what time does the replay start? Or will there be one tonight since the main event was itself a replay.

And how can I get to it without replaying that intro? If I have to hear that one more time, I'm just going to shut my computer off.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:09 AM

When the replay starts, you can fast forward to the end of it instead of just sitting around waiting for it to end. I believe the replays start at 1am EST. I believe the intro just keeps repeating until the show starts.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:00 AM

So how'd you guys like the show? did it come off well? Remember , it is live and we do not have the resources that most of the other televised poker has.

Happy New Year to all of you...See ya on January 2nd.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:48 PM

Love the show. Well produced, shot, and commented on. Shirley seems a little hostile at times about her opinion, though.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:27 PM

I thought it was really well done, but the chip counts got to be a little strange sometimes, esp. when Yosh goes from something like 16k down to 6k and we don't know how? Same with the Lakers co-owner. I mean, that could at least be explained.

But yeah, very very well done. I was impressed.