Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 02:59 AM

Default Quick Patriots question

Is there anyone on the boards who think they might hate the Patriots more than me?
Old 01-26-2005, 03:07 AM

Default Re: Quick Patriots question

Not bashing your opinion, but out of curiousity... why?

The Patriots represent what teams should be...teams. In two weeks, I'm sure we'll see for the third time, the New England Patriots being introduced as one at the Superbowl. The team lacks standout superstars, headcases, and excessive showboating, and still are one of (if not THE) greatest teams in the NFL. How can you hate that?

Now I'll admit, I'm from New England. But if you said you hated the Celtics, Red Sox, or Bruins, I wouldn't think much of it. I just don't understand how anyone can really "hate" this Patriot team.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:15 AM

I hate the Pats, but then I'm a Colts fan, so it should be obvious. But at the same time, my respect for them is very high. Just goes to show the difference between the two feelings I guess.

Cody
Old 01-26-2005, 03:15 AM

everybody hates the team that will poop all over there team [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2005, 03:17 AM

The same way people hate the Yankees. It doesn't have to be for a real reason, and in my case, its not "because they win too damn much" either. Something about them just bothers me - a lot. Sure, they're a team, and maybe its all the hype surrounding them that makes me hate them that much more.

Or it could be the fact that of the two AFC teams I was born loving, both have major problems with the boys form New England....you know, the Raiders and Colts.

I think, however, that I probably hate them as much as is humanly possible. Watching them lose just makes me happy - that MNF game was probably my favorite ever (not to mention, I won a few bucks when I picked the 'Fins [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img])
Old 01-26-2005, 03:17 AM

There are so many reasons, including but not limited to:

A) They are very good.
B) I'm a Jets fan
C) I went to school in New England and had to constantly deal with Patriots fans.
D) Their players routinely [censored] me in Fantasy leagues
E) I have two friends from Boston, living in New York and they give me a lot of [censored].
F) The constant Patriot knobslobbing by the media and in popular discourse makes me sick.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:22 AM

Hehe alright alright, fair enough. If it's any consolation, I do think a lot of people share your disdain for the team. Their something like 25-4-3 against the spread in their last 32. Gotta have a lot of the public going rooting for you to fail to put up numbers like that over so many games.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:24 AM

Hehe, I like to mask my hate for the Yankees with the excuse that they just buy their championships. The Yankees fans are really fighting back now, though, what with how much the Red Sox payroll is. At least it's still only something like 2/3 of what the Yankees will spend after the luxary tax. If only the MLB had a cap like the NFL...
Old 01-26-2005, 04:01 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
There are so many reasons, including but not limited to:

A) They are very good.
B) I'm a Jets fan
C) I went to school in New England and had to constantly deal with Patriots fans.
D) Their players routinely [censored] me in Fantasy leagues
E) I have two friends from Boston, living in New York and they give me a lot of [censored].
F) The constant Patriot knobslobbing by the media and in popular discourse makes me sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow! patriot knobslobbing? you must be joking! everyone in the media was dying for indy to win, and even picked the colts. it was just all peyton peyton peyton. then when they got killed, people started giving the patriots respect... but whoa, then it all went out the window somehow! all of a sudden all you started to hear was how the steelers were gonna win!

the patriots are all class. like another guy said, if you wanna say you hate the bruins, hate some players on the red sox, that is understandable, but the pats are different.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:27 AM

I hate them because of the fact that Brady gets WAY too much credit for their succss. I think he is one of the most overrated players ever. So I guess I don't really hate the Patriots, I just hate Brady.