Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 11:12 PM

Default Re: Four Hands vs xxTHEJOKERxx stars 10-20

Hand 1 is not an overbet on the river, so the flush is possible.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:35 PM

Hand #1 is the only one I don't like. The small turn bet accomplishes little. A check or a big bet would be better IMO.

Hand #3, I don't like calling the flop raise, but I don't know the villain, so I'm willing to say you know what you're doing.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $20 BB (5 handed) converter

Button ($5476)
Hero ($1920)
BB ($2115)
UTG ($1957.50)
MP ($10079.70)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $20, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($60) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $60</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $180</font>, Hero calls $120.

Turn: ($420) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

River: ($420) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $340</font> with the plan to fold to a raise probably.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jason, could you tell me what kind of hand(s) you would put him on if he raised the river? I don't see how I could fold if I were raised there, mostly because of the draws that missed.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:45 AM

Jason, I'm interested in your thinking for hand 3. When you call the flop raise, what do you put villain on? did you become suspicious because he didn't continue betting on the turn? How many of the hands that he limps like that PF, raise flop, check turn and raise river are you behind exactly, etc?

Of course this is particularly interesting since you say you probably fold to a river raise. Did you think about checking river for instance? Or in other words: what is the information you gained on the turn and river (after the flop call) that makes you think the best river line is betting-folding to a raise?

I also think that even your gut-shot on the flop here does not really worth much, since a T is an ugly card for him if he does have a big hand. So I'm interested in your thoughts.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:53 AM

Yeah. My first thought upon seeing the flop-raise was that villain had a low FD and he wanted to see the river cheaply. Might be bottom two or maybe 98 or some such hand, but I can't find a fold OTR. Wouldn't he continue aggression on the turn with a made hand and a decent chance to be drawn out?

I think the riverbet is fine, but then I don't know anything about your opponents playing style.