Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2004, 10:53 PM

Default How many people did I suck out this time? (2 hands)

2 hands here, for extra suck-age.

My read on BB is a little shady, but I perceive him as LAG preflop, yet not terribly so. He doesn't play poorly postflop.

CO is loose-passive preflop, loose-aggressive postflop. Willing to 3-bet medium pair. Tends to slow down on the turn and river.

Button has been tight. No read on UTG.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, UTG calls.

River: (18.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 21.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 21.75 BB, between CO, UTG and Hero.</font>

second hand, immediately following first hand.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls $0.25 (All-In), CO calls.

Turn: (9.06 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds.

River: (11.06 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 13.06 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7.75 BB, between MP3, Button and Hero.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 5.31 BB, between Button and Hero.</font>
Old 10-15-2004, 10:55 PM

Default Re: How many people did I suck out this time? (2 hands)

What's the point of the 3-bet preflop in hand #1? I don't like it much.

Cap the flop in hand #2. Otherwise looks pretty standard.

Rob
Old 10-15-2004, 11:10 PM

What's worse about my preflop play: the limp or the 3-bet?
Old 10-15-2004, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's worse about my preflop play: the limp or the 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]
I raise rather than limping, but limping isn't nearly as bad as 3-betting it. What did you hope to accomplish? Bloating the pot in bad position with a hand that doesn't play great multiway?

I think KQo is a recommended raise in loose games, and a limp in tight games -- I generally raise it whenever I play it -- but 3-betting is chip spewing at its finest.

Rob
Old 10-15-2004, 11:55 PM

Ok, hand 1. Maybe you could raise this hand second in, and see where it got you. I don't understand why you limp reraised with the hand, did you want to get the hand fourbet, by a hand that could very well dominate your hand? I think your preflop threebet just wasn't a very good play.

I also wonder what your opponent had to raise on the turn, given all the action that has happened so far, he could be ahead, but I think I like your threebet here. If it gets capped, you probably have to slow down on the river.

Nice river card.

Hand 2, this might be a little to far up front to be playing 98 suited, but you at least have one limper ahead of you, so you are likely to get a multiway pot.

Whenever you flop a pair plus a flush draw, you can be a lot more active on the flop than you were on this hand. I would have capped it, without a second thought. After that, the hand pretty much plays itself, although I probably would have gone for a checkraise on the river. If you capped the flop, your opponent might not put you on a flush draw, and might give you an extra bet here.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.