Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 02:10 AM

Default Re: A Better Thought

This concept is covered in HOH2 (or at least a similar flavor of it). When Harrington says that when you can control your bet size to give the player the wrong odds to call (chapter 11). He goes through an example where you have TT on the button late and you want to give your opponent the wrong odds in certain situations. To figure this out you ignore a bunch of situations (higher pp b/c you'll be all in against it, lower pp b/c he'll call with bad odds no matter what, two undercards which he'll fold no matter what, etc.) and then for cards that he might have that he could either fold or call you give him the wrong odds to call (here one overcard hands).

Makes sense in all sorts of hands.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:19 AM

It actually applies to a lot more situations than nuts/nothing. Say you reach the river with AQ on a A high board. Say your opponent will always bet with AJ if checked to, will fold to a CR, and will call any bet. If you assume the bet sizes will be roughly the same, then throw this case out because any line you take (assuming your two options are check/call, bet) the outcome is the same.

-Jason
Old 10-21-2005, 04:51 AM

Nice post. I'd like to see a lot more logic on this forum.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This should be obvious, and I'm surprised at the confusion.

This mostly applies to scenarios where you have the nuts or an unfoldable hand. If your opponent has a great hand too, all the money is going in.

You should be thinking about how you get the most money out of your opponent when he doesn't have a great hand, because when he does, the money is going in no matter how you play it.

That's the simplest I think I can make this concept. Let me know if this clarifies what he's saying or not. If not, I'll try again tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly how I interpreted it and it seemed rather obvious to me also. That is the reason why I was so confused as it didn't seem like a revelation to me.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is exactly how I interpreted it and it seemed rather obvious to me also. That is the reason why I was so confused as it didn't seem like a revelation to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unlike not pushing with T3o everytime in SB vs BB confrontations with <10BBs? (just messin') [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]