Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2005, 01:24 AM

Default My first high stakes post; hand analysis needed.

Please give me some feedback here. Although I considered the villian had KK, I thought it was very likely he had AK. I put the villian on AK because:
1. He does not reraise preflop. I would expect a reraise with KK 90-95% of the time.
2. He reraises on the flop when I led into him.
Was I way out of line with my thinking here? Am I going to be shown AK many times in this situation?

Party Poker Pot-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

MP ($6367.6)
CO ($1111.6)
Button ($592.5)
Hero ($594)
BB ($425.22)
UTG ($977.7)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $6, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $6, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $35</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, CO folds, Button calls $23.

Flop: ($88) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $86</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $172</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $559 (All-In)</font>, Button calls $385.50 (All-In).

Turn: ($1204.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: ($1204.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $1204.50

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ad As (one pair, aces).
Button has Kh Kd (three of a kind, kings).
Outcome: Button wins $1203. Hero wins $1.50. </font>
Old 04-10-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: My first high stakes post; hand analysis needed.

Good players don't put in a 3rd bet with KK unless they are playing against a loose raiser... I would not say that 90% of the time people reraise. It's still difficult because if you think he is a good player then you are probably torn between a small range of hands...but when he comes over the top of your raise on the flop, it's pretty clear that this is not an aggressive flush draw, few people would play AK this aggressively also...

It's a tough laydown, one I haven't managed to make yet myself, but I'm beginning to realize that making these big laydowns is where the money is at (at least for me).
Old 04-10-2005, 02:22 PM

I don't play quite this high, but almost, and I would expect you would be shown 66 or 88 more than any other hand. People love to min raise small to mid pp's, especially from the button, and the rest of his play follows the line many would take with one of these sets. I haven't looked at your results yet, although I'm about to, but I feel you're going to be behind too many times to make this call barring a solid read on the player, which you have failed to mention, so I'm assuming does not exist.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:21 PM

How would a c-r (minimum) be here? If he reraises then it's easier to get away from. I would have played it the same way. This is a pretty tough spot...

WACO
Old 04-11-2005, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good players don't put in a 3rd bet with KK unless they are playing against a loose raiser...

[/ QUOTE ]

By this metric, there are very very few good players in the UB 10-25 and 25-50 games.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good players don't put in a 3rd bet with KK unless they are playing against a loose raiser...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By this metric, there are very very few good players in the UB 10-25 and 25-50 games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, no... Generally we let you play your little 25/50 games because taking your money would only justify that you exist... Then you'd come on here and rave that you were on a bad beat like you always do..... what a whiner! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
I love Nyquil.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't most of the players in those games qualify as loose raisers though?

(I don't actually watch those games too much so perhaps I'm way off on this.)
Old 04-11-2005, 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good players don't minraise KK behind 2 limpers either.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. You know what I mean. That game is very different. I would say on the 2/4 to 10/20 level, good players don't 3-bet KK due to the whole QQ - TT fold, AA calls theory. Obviously there are exceptions...