Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2004, 10:11 AM

Default Rio or Harrah\'s?

Already planned a trip to Vegas in April. Yesterday I get a coupon in the mail for 2 free nights at either the Rio or Harrah's. Which one would you stay at and why?

PS. I will be staying at The Flamingo the first few days and will not have a car.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:45 AM

Default Re: Rio or Harrah\'s?

Rio, the rooms are nicer generally. It is a distance from any poker, except for the Palms, but the hotel is nicer then Harrahs.

Break down and rent a car from Alamo, about $24 per day. Your room is already free and so is valet parking (tips only). Relax and have a little mobility to check out other hotels.
Old 01-21-2004, 06:31 PM

Harrah's is on the Strip directly across the street from the Mirage and about a 5 minute walk from the Flamingo. The Rio is a mile west of the Strip.

I reccomend you stay on the Strip and go with Harrah's.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:47 PM

Though i have never stayed at rio i hear the rooms are pretty nice...they are all suites. My old man stayed there and really like it. If you are worried about the rios off strip location keep in mind that they offer a shuttle to and from harrahs. Im not sure how frequent it runs though.

regards
cubswin
Old 01-21-2004, 08:16 PM

"Suite" just means a large room with large (maybe 35 in) TV and very comfortable oversized sofa. I stayed there over the holidays (my Dad got me comped there, was suppose to be at Harrahs but they moved me, how can I complain when it was free). I had never stayed at Rio before. It was very nice, much nicer than Harrah's. But Harrah's has the much better location. The shuttle runs every 1/2 hour.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:36 AM

Thanks for the input. I think Harrah's is the way to go. I don't plan on spending a whole lot of time in the room anyway, just need a place to crash. See you Vegas guys the first week of April.