Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2005, 10:16 PM

Default Re: Question for Joel (and anyone else who\'s interested)

I choose.... (Pikachu!!)...

[ QUOTE ]
B. The new one with nothing but $200 stacks

[/ QUOTE ]

couple of reasons...

1) 7 of the 9 have already shown that they are highly skilled at the game in that they have grown 200 to over 1000... several others must have sat down at this table and been busted out, otherwise their stacks could never have gotten so large (simple mathematics...). Sure they probably swap funds a lot (big stacks get good hands too), but they probably eat most new players alive - because of their skill. Not good for me. New game? Everyone could be amatuers who will eventually hand their 200 over to someone, may as well be me.

So table w/ several highly skilled or the possible fish farm? Bust out the rods.

2) The game is just starting. People don't want to be faced w/ large bets in a live game right after they sat down. I mean they came to play and have fun doing it and hope to win some money from being there. You start pushing them around for all their chips and they might fold very good hands away because they want to at least get their "money's worth" plus they could be in good moods and feel that luck is with them as they are ready to "gamble." Ensures me action on my hands.

So I'm goin w/ B. That's my story and I'm stickin to it.