Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 03:24 AM

Default Re: Admitting defeat

Lars is one badass player. I wish he posted here more often.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:14 AM

4200 hand day today. Got back all the big bets I lost yesterday and $8k to boot! Probably a little reward from the poker gods for doing the right thing.

One thing I gotta admit is amusing though is how players interact with me differently when I'm playing under bicyclekick as apposed to the other names that most people don't know. A number of the 'good' players are constantly trying to 'outplay me' and get me off my hand....a lot more than when I played in these games a few weeks ago under the aliases...

maybe just a small sample...but I don't remember the last time I got popped so much only to call down and see a bluff.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:40 AM

Sorry...... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2005, 05:46 AM

man i was at like 4 of your tables and you completely owned me. every time i had AQ you had AK and everytime i semi-bluff raised a draw you 3bet and i missed. it was bad. i will go back to sucking.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you're more than welcome and my NL tables though ....

[/ QUOTE ]

You say something retarded like this in every post.

[/ QUOTE ]

what % of those comments are directed at people i talk with on aregular basis.?

what % of those comments are jokes?

Barron
Old 10-14-2005, 06:08 AM

i know at least 1 person who is a siginificant winner at these games regardless of table selection. he does, however, practice very good game selection and beats the 3/6...however, his win rate is commensurate with the time he spends on his game.

others may fit your description.

Barron
Old 10-14-2005, 07:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
4200 hand day today. Got back all the big bets I lost yesterday and $8k to boot! Probably a little reward from the poker gods for doing the right thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You said you were up 2k yesterday.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:27 AM

This thread blows.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

One thing I gotta admit is amusing though is how players interact with me differently when I'm playing under bicyclekick as apposed to the other names that most people don't know. A number of the 'good' players are constantly trying to 'outplay me' and get me off my hand....a lot more than when I played in these games a few weeks ago under the aliases...

maybe just a small sample...but I don't remember the last time I got popped so much only to call down and see a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

This should be a post of its own. I remember a friend of mine "lent" his account to a top TV-pro during the Euro Million and the Pro was shocked at how different the same games were for him, (less profitable as well)
Old 10-14-2005, 10:08 AM

Default TEX\'S 2 CENTS<<<<<<

When you step back and reflect on some of the things we do at the poker table, you have to admit, we're sick. What we do to ourselves is brutal. Our highs and lows are like peaks and valleys. I think that an avid day trader could relate to some of what we do in terms of money lost/money made. This game can suck the life out of you today and make you feel like you're godzilla with chips tomorrow. Being able to have an indifferent response to these things is perhaps one of the most difficult aspects to deal with. Think back to when you were a kid, and twenty bucks was a small fortune to you. Or think about now, today, those of you who have a day job that pays a respectable 45K/yr. You could blow through that in a bad month at 100-200 limit on party. It really is mind blowing that what we post in a blind every ten hands is more than most people make in a day. Sick. It's a rare breed who can handle the swings with an even keel. And I think that this is a characteristic of a consumate professional. You truly have to have an indifference in the outcome and an unwavering confidence that you made the correct decision. Poker is a lifestyle, and it is the lifestyle of the obsessive/addictive. Those of us who wake up thinking about it, spend all day working on it, playing it, talking about it, skip social occasions to play more of it, and go to bed watching re-runs of the WSOP and considering if a raise on fourth street would have driven the mediocre hand out and whether or not in the long term thats what we want to happen, well....we're a different breed. I look at my poker money as bullets, not dollars. It's just ammunition, and the game never ends. It's just a continuation of where i left off when i left the table last time....

It's a brutal game, but consider how well you have handled high stress/high pressure situations since you became a high stakes player...and i'm referring to real life situations...i think that after a certain amount of it, you become almost numb to sitautions that really jack with everyday folks.

Good luck with the swings BK. You and only you really know whether or not you want to play as high as you do, and if you can handle the ups and downs. As far as i'm concerned, if it's what you love to do, dont hesitate. Very few people ever get the chance to do what you're doing on a daily basis. GL.

TEX