Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Hand anylysis needed.

20 + 2 sit n go at ub. I'm in the BB w/ 4500, Player A is in seat 4 w/ 3500, Player B is in seat 6 w/ 2500, player C is on the button w/ 2800. Player A is very loose, often playing trash, Player B is tight, Player C has played smart, but is getting loose and aggressive since he's been on a roll the last couple of hands.

Player A calls, Player B raises to 250, Player C calls. I've got QQ, so I raise it to 540. Everyone calls. The flop is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I've put player B on a big pair, AK, or AQ so I raise 1000 to find out where he is at. Only player A calls. T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] comes on the turn. I put Player on on a flush draw, so I put him in for my remaining chips. J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] comes on the turn, and he shows 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to hit the straight.

I suspect I may have made a mistake on the preflop by not raising more. I don't think the bet on the flop was that bad because if the flush hits, I can fold, and I'm unlikely to push player A or C out for a flush draw. On the turn I made it as expensive as possible. Is this a run of the mill bad beat or did I show major flaws in my play. The wildcard was the raise from a tight player.