Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-24-2005, 09:01 AM

Default Re: So some guy hanged himself just outside where I work

[ QUOTE ]
I just called my friend and he said the guy was brought to court too. no details beyond that though. in all honesty he's clearly liable. the girl was unstable and he provided information that led to her death.

sorry for the hijack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Manslaughter... possibly murder if the prosecutor's having her period... sounds like your friend is *'d.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:09 AM

[censored] EMT's...they didn't even let you guys whack at him for the candy inside...
Old 12-24-2005, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just called my friend and he said the guy was brought to court too. no details beyond that though. in all honesty he's clearly liable. the girl was unstable and he provided information that led to her death.

sorry for the hijack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Manslaughter... possibly murder if the prosecutor's having her period... sounds like your friend is *'d.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is BS. What if she got the info off the net? Then who is liable? What about if she read it in a book or saw it depicted in a movie?

The guy is guilty of disseminating information which is rarely a crime. He is ethically and morally a schmuck but not a criminal.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:34 AM

Whether you are a criminal or not depends on the laws, not your opinions.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the second time he got fed up and taught her the right way to do it. she didn't survive her last attempt. he was fired.

[/ QUOTE ]
Anybody who thinks this is awesome or hilarious is sick.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:23 PM

Or 20.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Man, some people suck at killing themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]
a friend of mine is an EMT, and a guy he works with got called for two suicide attempts for the same girl. she tried to slit her wrists, but cut across instead of down both times. the second time he got fed up and taught her the right way to do it. she didn't survive her last attempt. he was fired.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, thats all i can say...
Old 12-25-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Man, some people suck at killing themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]
a friend of mine is an EMT, and a guy he works with got called for two suicide attempts for the same girl. she tried to slit her wrists, but cut across instead of down both times. the second time he got fed up and taught her the right way to do it. she didn't survive her last attempt. he was fired.

[/ QUOTE ]
I call BS on this. This is the type of thing that would make 20/20 or dateline. There has to be some kind of documentation if your srory is true.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:53 AM

I heard something very interesting about people who commit suicide by jumping off buildings, bridges, etc. Supposedly, during the plummet to the ground, the person naturally gets an extreme adrenaline rush. This rush causes a feeling of euphoria, and makes the person feel good about himself, and consequently he begins to regret his decision to jump. Unfortunately, by that time it's usually too late. Oh well.

No idea how someone could possibly know that information. Maybe from people who have tried to jump but ended up surviving? I don't know. I just thought it was kinda interesting.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:43 AM

"I heard something very interesting about people who commit suicide by jumping off buildings, bridges, etc. Supposedly, during the plummet to the ground, the person naturally gets an extreme adrenaline rush. This rush causes a feeling of euphoria, and makes the person feel good about himself, and consequently he begins to regret his decision to jump. Unfortunately, by that time it's usually too late. Oh well."

I think if he ends up surviving once the adrenaline fades off he'd just want to kill himself again.